Hi- newbie here!

AmberWaves7AmberWaves7 Posts: 9Registered Users
I've been lurking for a month or so and started the CG method about 2 months ago (with an unfortunate, surprise silicone attack necessitating a couple of sulfate washes in the middle). I thought I would get up the nerve for an initial post to get things rolling. I'm currently awaiting hair analysis results from GoosefootPrints and I'm pretty pumped to receive them! I have one friend who recently hopped on the CG bandwagon with me- otherwise I have no one to talk curls with, so I'm happy to have found this site.

I'm sure I will post more about my hair journey in the future, but I will say I've been glad to put down the flat iron and let my hair have some TLC.
2a-2c, mostly coarse, low porosity roots/normal shaft/high ends (heat damage), normal dry/low wet elasticity, low to normal density (GoosefootPrints)

LP: Yes to Cucumbers
NP: Suave naturals coconut, TJ TTT condish (new)
RO: Devacurl one, GVP conditioning balm, Yes to Coconuts (occasionally as squish to condish)
LI: Giovanni Direct, KCKT (new)
Stylers: KCCC (new), HE totally twisted, LAL mega mega, Deva Ultra Defining (new)
Hair dislikes: protein and high doses of coconut oil

Comments

• ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    I've been lurking for a month or so and started the CG method about 2 months ago (with an unfortunate, surprise silicone attack necessitating a couple of sulfate washes in the middle). I thought I would get up the nerve for an initial post to get things rolling. I'm currently awaiting hair analysis results from GoosefootPrints and I'm pretty pumped to receive them! I have one friend who recently hopped on the CG bandwagon with me- otherwise I have no one to talk curls with, so I'm happy to have found this site.

I'm sure I will post more about my hair journey in the future, but I will say I've been glad to put down the flat iron and let my hair have some TLC.

Welcome! :toothy4:

I am so glad that you decided to join NC. And, I absolutely wish you all the best with your curly hair journey.
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • AmberWaves7AmberWaves7 Posts: 9Registered Users
    Thanks for the warm welcome!! :-)
    2a-2c, mostly coarse, low porosity roots/normal shaft/high ends (heat damage), normal dry/low wet elasticity, low to normal density (GoosefootPrints)

LP: Yes to Cucumbers
    NP: Suave naturals coconut, TJ TTT condish (new)
    RO: Devacurl one, GVP conditioning balm, Yes to Coconuts (occasionally as squish to condish)
    LI: Giovanni Direct, KCKT (new)
    Stylers: KCCC (new), HE totally twisted, LAL mega mega, Deva Ultra Defining (new)
    Hair dislikes: protein and high doses of coconut oil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file