Opinion: Bud Light Campaign

Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Do you fully support the "outrage!!" or find it a touch too PP (presumptuous and puritanical)?

New Bud Light Tagline: 'Remove 'No' From Your Vocabulary for the Night'

Oh hell yeah, my sluts. Very tight. Love to just remove “no” from the old vocab.

(You just never know when your teachable moments will hit you, and this beer label is making me realize—as a person saddled with a pretty #UpForWhatever temperament—that in my whole life, I have only really laid down the hard “no” in situations that involved unwanted sexual aggression. That’s funny! Maybe I should have had more Buds!!?)

Bud Light, Where “Up For Whatever” Means Getting People So Drunk They Can’t Say “No”

Given the role that alcohol plays in many things that would have been a “no” without a night of drinking — driving under the influence, sexual assault, vandalism, public urination, random “woot-woot”-ing as you ping-pong down the sidewalk — it’s probably not the best idea for a multinational multibillion-dollar business like Bud Light’s parent company AB InBev to publicly acknowledge that its product can lead users down a path to stupid consequences.

^^ I vote presumptuous and puritanical. It is not like we just found out alcohol lowers ones inhibitions. That has been common knowledge for some time. I do not automatically assume Anheuser Busch is promoting rape, drinking and driving, etc. The ideas of DD's and drinking responsibly, along with no meaning no, are not new ones and I do not see how this label could suddenly reverse the tide and put women in danger. It was only one tag line of many.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Outrage. No. They've simply reminded the beer buying public that they're tasteless. And for women in particular that they need to be careful about how much they drink, who they drink with, and where they are when they drink. Personally, anyone who wanted to ply me with green beer wouldn't be getting lucky that night. But they weren't going to be getting lucky with me anyway.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Outrage. No. They've simply reminded the beer buying public that they're tasteless. And for women in particular that they need to be careful about how much they drink, who they drink with, and where they are when they drink. Personally, anyone who wanted to ply me with green beer wouldn't be getting lucky that night. But they weren't going to be getting lucky with me anyway.

Well isn't that special?

Knowing that drinking lowers your inhibitions and cracking a tag line about it makes them AND the entire beer buying public tasteless? I would say that is an over reaction. I can think of 50 different ways that is funny and none of them have the first thing to do with assault BUT I don't have a one track mind.

** Individual interpretation is just that... Up to the individual. Condemning adults who drink due to a new add campaign and acting like thy are all up for assault AND going to the extreme to have it banned due to personal opinion is a bit much in the moral policing department.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think the entire sorry excuse for a 'campaign' is tasteless and disgusting and I'm glad they're now withdrawing it.

Nothing about it is funny, nothing about it is clever, and it definitely has connotations of sexual assault. That was my first thought when reading that and it was the first thought of so many people after seeing it, so clearly it missed the mark of whatever the hell it was trying to achieve.
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
    I think the entire sorry excuse for a 'campaign' is tasteless and disgusting and I'm glad they're now withdrawing it.

Nothing about it is funny, nothing about it is clever, and it definitely has connotations of sexual assault. That was my first thought when reading that and it was the first thought of so many people after seeing it, so clearly it missed the mark of whatever the hell it was trying to achieve.

It has connotations of sexual assault *in your opinion*. That is different from it definitely having connotations of sexual assault. Is sexual assault the only thing that happens when someone drinks? Is that the only thing that someone may be "up for whatever" about or not say no to?

Honestly, it truly offends me that a bunch of 20 to early 30 year olds with a savior complex are trying to save women from a tag line on a beer bottle. That is not activism. I don't need that type of help. It insults my intelligence. No where did it say... Women, remove no from your vocabulary tonight. I can think of a group of women having a night out on the town and being up for a spur of the moment trip to a strip club (with a DD of course). Yes!! Lets go. There are numerous light hearted/fun situations that can be applied when one puts their "feminist lense" down.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Really, how is it that no one can grasp the difference in their opinion and fact? Or stop and think that they might be making some pretty bad judgement calls themselves. You'll have to pardon me because I have pure hate and rage running thru my body right now. I've already been here, done this, with a generation of parents trying to moral police all, "for the children". Now it's "for the womenz". I am so completely sick of this "activist" bull isht when it is nothing more than idiots with computers and a believing they have the right to speak for a country while damaging rights of free speech and expression.

*And this is not just about Bud Light. It's everything. A few demanding scenes from shows and movies be removed. A few idiots starting petitions to ban and remove whatever on any given day while acting like someone elected them the voice of all women or the only ones who have an opinion that matter or is factual. On that note, it didn't *clearly* miss the mark on anything. Some random on line rage from a few no way encompasses the thoughts or reactions of all.

ETA: I'll go one step further so people can get some understanding of where I am coming from. In the US, from the time I was 8/9 years old until I was 18 years old specific people (mainly men), specific types of music, videos/movies and styles of dress were under attack from parental groups, Authoritarian Leftists, feminists, and the religious right. Many doing the attacking believed their opinion was God and the only true word. That is what spawned the Moral Panic known as the Satanic Panic. If your child wore black, specific shoes, or specific band t shirts they were in danger of becoming Satanists and/or objectifying-raping-abusing women. A lot of accusations thrown around were beyond absurd and way off base. People condemend/forced to defending themselves for "promoting rape/violence against women/murder/what have you. They were also only the views of some and widely viewed as the very standaed for narrow mindedness. Keep in mind this was also a time when religion was being pushed out of schools and Radfems had gone completely bat isht Hitler and many were grasping at straws. Several of my friends were suspended from school and ran out of school/pressured to quit by officials based on their shirt, musical preferences, hair cut, etc. Some with straight A's. An attack on rap music destroying the very fabric of our society was also up next and those passing judgement took it upon themselves to decide what the masses should and should not be exposed to. I see the same mentality in the younger generation of interweb activists. The same false sense of superiority that prompted Dee Snider/Twisted Sister to be accused of promoting rape, bondage and S&M due to lyrics for a song called Under the Blade which was actually about a band members fears of a throat surgery. The rape/bondage/s&m claims were nothing but incorrect perceptions. The accusations that they were promoting these things and the idea that it was someones job to find these heathens and do something about it based on their half assed judgements and assumptions was down right slanderous and dangerous.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    When I first saw it (after hearing the outrage), my first thought was removing inhibitions. That in-itself could have been a clever campaign.

The wording it off though, and it blows my mind that both the advertising firm & Bud let it go to print.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Whether or not it meant to be sexual doesn't deny that it has sexual connotations. Whether or not it means to, it implies something. It's not 'my opinion' it's A LOT of opinions.

You're going off on yet another rant, getting bent out of shape about people disagreeing with you. Quit being so derogatory every time people express feelings different to yours. It's petulant.

Nobody is saying that assault is the ONLY thing that happens. But it is an extremely prominent thing. Assaults on women only seem to be getting more commonplace these days and people don't want to see advertising that has such an implication.

It offends me that you're bringing age into this. Because of course 'a bunch of 20 to early 30 year olds' can't have valid opinions. They must just have saviour complexes and can't actually, as women an human beings, have any sort of right to an argument. Nothing they say is of any merit, blah, blah, blah. Please, stop being so ignorant.

I am a woman. I'm not trying to help you with jack sh*t simply by saying I think the campaign is wrong and I'm glad it got taken down. It has nothing to do with you. It has to do with ME and how I feel as. a. woman.
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    No outrage here. I totally get where they are going, it get how it was clever, I do think it was poorly executed, worded and designed. I mean, even the label is horrible. Who spaced out that word wrap like that?!?!?! MY EYES!!!!!
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

Yea...I agree with this and I love to drink and I know it lowers my inhibitions(which is why I love to drink, I'm too shy) in a different way though.

I think it wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't actually a problem, but from what I hear many women are not in control when they've had too much and men just take advantage. Actually I've seen attempts at it a few times. It's really disgusting.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Irresponsible IMO.

Fifi.G wrote: »
    Really, how is it that no one can grasp the difference in their opinion and fact? Or stop and think that they might be making some pretty bad judgement calls themselves. You'll have to pardon me because I have pure hate and rage running thru my body right now. I've already been here, done this, with a generation of parents trying to moral police all, "for the children". Now it's "for the womenz". I am so completely sick of this "activist" bull isht when it is nothing more than idiots with computers and a believing they have the right to speak for a country while damaging rights of free speech and expression.

I find it really odd that you can't accept that other people have views different than yours. What's up with that lol?

I think it's great people are trying to prevent subliminal rape messages. It might be over the top in some cases, but I'd rather it go that way than the other way.
    Whether or not it meant to be sexual doesn't deny that it has sexual connotations. Whether or not it means to, it implies something. It's not 'my opinion' it's A LOT of opinions.

You're going off on yet another rant, getting bent out of shape about people disagreeing with you. Quit being so derogatory every time people express feelings different to yours. It's petulant.

Nobody is saying that assault is the ONLY thing that happens. But it is an extremely prominent thing. Assaults on women only seem to be getting more commonplace these days and people don't want to see advertising that has such an implication.

It offends me that you're bringing age into this. Because of course 'a bunch of 20 to early 30 year olds' can't have valid opinions. They must just have saviour complexes and can't actually, as women an human beings, have any sort of right to an argument. Nothing they say is of any merit, blah, blah, blah. Please, stop being so ignorant.

I am a woman. I'm not trying to help you with jack sh*t simply by saying I think the campaign is wrong and I'm glad it got taken down. It has nothing to do with you. It has to do with ME and how I feel as. a. woman.

No, it is your opinion/perception and the conitations it has to you when seeing it on a beer bottle. Other people share the opinion. Others do not and take it in a different context. You know the saying, opinions are like a**holes, everybodys got one? That in no way means that the words "Remove no from your vocabulary tonight" or "up for whatever" equal references to sexual assault so 100% undoubtedly and completely that it warrants removal. Just like these lyrics were not undoubtedly about & did not promote rape, bondage and S&M, therefore needing to be censored or rated for violence against women.

A GLINT OF STEEL
    A FLASH OF LIGHT
    YOU KNOW YOU'RE NOT GOING HOME TONIGHT
    BE IT JACK OR SWITCH
    DOCTOR'S OR MIND
    NOWHERE TO RUN, EVERYWHERE YOU'LL FIND
    YOU CAN'T ESCAPE
    FROM THE BED YOU'VE MADE
    WHEN YOUR TIME HAS COME, YOU'LL ACCEPT THE BLADE!

YOU'RE CORNERED IN THE ALLEY WAY
    YOU KNOW YOU'RE ALL ALONE
    YOU KNOW IT'S GONNA END THIS WAY
    THE CHILL GOES TO THE BONE
    NOW HERE IT COMES THAT GLISTENING LIGHT
    IT GOES INTO YOUR SIDE
    THE BLACKNESS COMES
    TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT
    THE BLADE IS GONNA RIDE

'CAUSE YOU'RE UNDER THE BLADE
    OHHH
    YOU'RE UNDER THE BLADE

IT'S NOT ANOTHER PARTY HEAD
    THIS TIME YOU CANNOT RISE
    YOUR HANDS ARE TIED, YOUR LEGS ARE STRAPPED
    A LIGHT SHINES IN YOUR EYES
    YOU FAINTLY SEE A RAZOR'S EDGE
    YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH TO CRY
    YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T
    IT'S OVER NOW
    THE BLADE IS GONNA RIDE

OHHH
    YOU'RE UNDER THE BLADE

A GLINT OF STEEL
    A FLASH OF LIGHT
    YOU KNOW YOU'RE NOT GOING HOME TONIGHT
    BE IT JACK OR SWITCH
    DOCTOR'S OR MIND
    NOWHERE TO RUN, EVERYWHERE YOU'LL FIND
    YOU CAN'T ESCAPE
    FROM THE BED YOU'VE MADE
    WHEN YOUR TIME HAS COME, YOU'LL ACCEPT THE BLADE!

YOU'VE TRIED TO MAKE IT TO THE FRONT
    YOU'RE PINNED AGAINST THE SIDE
    A MONSTER STANDS BEFORE YOU NOW
    ITS MOUTH IS OPEN WIDE
    THE LIGHTS GO ON, THE NIGHT EXPLODES
    IT TEARS INTO YOUR MIND
    WHEN THE NIGHT DOES END, YOU'LL COME AGAIN
    THE BLADE IS GONNA RIDE

OHHH
    YOU'RE UNDER THE BLADE
    HERE IT COMES BABY
    WHOAAAAAAAHHHH...
    YOU'RE GOIN' DOWN, DOWN, DOWN,
    DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN...

^ That is what some interpreted when they read/heard them. I am sure because of hands and legs being tied, the mention of a bed, not being able to cry out, etc... Things that have happened in bad situations? Yes. The only possible reason is violence toward women/rape? Not even close. It is just what entered their mind. That does not make it the only option. Others will have something completely different come to mind and of course the author/creator knows the true meaning (scared to death about surgery). The public is free to read into it, but not assert their assumption as being the most valid and reason for removal. Really, it is policing your own thoughts.

I never said that you were personally trying to have it banned. I am speaking about the "activists" or SJW's who typically do fall in a specific age group and who take it upon themselves to crusade for censorship and protecting the helpless women. I don't like all things, I do not agree with all advertising campaigns/lyrics/scenes in movies but I do not set out to censor or silence those things because of my perceptions of it. I realize that others have different opinions and it is not my place to ban/censor and be the moral compass for all.

I already said you'd have to pardon me because I am in a mood about this topic in general. I am.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Why is agreeing to disagree such a challenge for you? I think many people here have been very polite in their efforts to explain their reasons for disputing your perspective. Why is that never enough?
    Why is agreeing to disagree such a challenge for you? I think many people here have been very polite in their efforts to explain their reasons for disputing your perspective. Why is that never enough?

I am surprised that you, a writer, would have no issue with this. Truly, I am. And I was explaining, as I said in one of the earliest posts, that I take issue with the petitions and bans.

Furthermore Claudine. I think we all know you jump at the chance to circle the wagons, send messages to people and ***** about me any chance you get. You have been holding a grudge since the red headed step child discussion and been against any comment I make in any thread since. It's not the first or only time you have held grudges against people here for long periods of time because they do not agree with you. That, I do not do. What I am is pissed at the general willingness and ease people have with restricting everything they do not agree with. If no one here signed a petition, that is not you.

Now go back to refusing to speak to me like you have for well over a year. I like it better that way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I think there is a difference between restricting EVERYTHING, and common sense. This is just lack of common sense.

Call me unpatriotic if you want to you, but I don't feel there should be a blatant pass to say whatever you want at any times. It's called being a respectful adult

While I'm not outraged, I do see how some can be bothered. that is allowed
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I like the hash tag but the slogan is bad and the label looks like someone created it in Publisher. I don't think it is promoting rape. However the younger drinker this campaign is targeted to, and that includes the not so young 30s crowd too, seem to not take rape seriously enough. Most movies and tv shows make fun of rape, college campuses have a huge rape crisis, and many have this perception that rapists are some shady guys when it's usually a normal guy with control/power issues that the victim knows. This poorly executed campaign feeds into all of that.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
    I like the hash tag but the slogan is bad and the label looks like someone created it in Publisher. I don't think it is promoting rape. However the younger drinker this campaign is targeted to, and that includes the not so young 30s crowd too, seem to not take rape seriously enough. Most movies and tv shows make fun of rape, college campuses have a huge rape crisis, and many have this perception that rapists are some shady guys when it's usually a normal guy with control/power issues that the victim knows. This poorly executed campaign feeds into all of that.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App

I 100% agree with you on it not promoting rape so therefore I personally can't get into the feeding into rape on campus culture. I think a lot of people are exhausted with that after the Rolling Stone reporter went to numerous colleges looking for stories on campus rape culture and came out with Jackie :-/ That is what I found sad. It did far more harm than good.

I agree that this is not just directed toward the newly 21 crowd. Bud Light is more of a price point and location situation anyway. Several hole in the wall bars only sell domestics and it's a favorite of many who can not support $10+ dollars a 6 Pk.

I personally do not get the impression that many do not take rape seriously. I know no one that does not take rape seriously. As someone who was raped, while intoxicated, I know how serious that is but removing no from my vocabulary and labels on a beer had little to do with it. He was sober, he head butted me and I had no chance to protest what so ever. Rape is an incredibly serious issue to me. Someone being upset by rape on a tv show, like people who recently tried to get an episode of Reign banned because they tackled the subject in a way that I found perfectly acceptable, are getting on my nerves too. It happens yet they are on a quest to have it removed from all tv shows or anything that could possibly be related back to it banned from print. You can't erase it. I don't see many joke about it on tv. I've had some rather great moments in life when I took a chance and did something I would not have normally donw while intoxicated. I also got knocked out and assaulted for breaking up with a guy to get back with my first love. It had little to do with the rum I drank or something on tv or a joke.

I think you also run into problems because not everyone agrees with the current womens studies definition of rape, which is not the same as the legal. The consent debate is a big one too. The wording and definitions are lacking, in legal (and common sense) aspects.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Why did you ask for opinions and then attack the first person that disagreed with you?

Whether you "intended" it or not your response to Morgan_Adcock came across as condescending and insulting.
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
    With all of the media campaigns and discussion that "No means No" how can you NOT think that a slogan "Remove No From your Vocabulary Tonight" has sexual connotations?

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

TRBL wrote: »
    With all of the media campaigns and discussion that "No means No" how can you NOT think that a slogan "Remove No From your Vocabulary Tonight" has sexual connotations?

Because unwanted sexual advancements are not the only act on earth where no comes into play and by far not the only situation where you are up for whatever while intoxicated. No where near it.

And TRBL, don't you know that No Means No is old and terrible? It's Yes Means Yes now so no should be out the window ;) As long as you have a signed contract.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Posts: 590Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm glad it was pulled. It was tacky, thoughtless & sexual assault is not something to be taken lightly or joked about. And yes, everyone knows it was dripping with sexual assault connotations, hence why it created outrage & was pulled in the first place. That's the goal of advertising - to come up with something that the masses will understand.
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

It all comes back to the Satanist propaganda anyway, so why bother.

I recently bought some adorable stemless wine glasses that have painted labels on them that say things like...

Three Sheets to the Wind
    (and far from caring)

Does that give someome the green light to take advantage of me or give me the green light to take advantage of someone or show that I am insensitive to those situations or does it say I'm drunk and no eff's are given? The worst could be implied but so far it's just words on a glass I've not drank anything but water out of... Yet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TRBL wrote: »
    It all comes back to the Satanist propaganda anyway, so why bother.

I'm not the one who named the moral panic a satanic panic but the same quick judgement and burn it principals do apply.

Let me ask you a question. What makes sexual connotations strictly rape allegations? Have you ever tried something new in the bedroom while tipsy? Said ah, why not? That is also one of the issues where people differ on definitions. According to womens studies students, if I have sex after one drink... It is rape. I can not give consent. It goes down in stastics as such. Do you know how bothersome that is to many who were raped? Trust me, I know the difference. I recently had sex 7 times in 24 hours after drinking 4 beers, which is alot for me. No would not have been in vocabulary that day, drunk or sober. Is the sex always bad? Does one possible negative connotation cancel all the rest?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I think comparing "three sheets to the wind" and "take the no out of tonight" is like comparing apples and oranges. Not the same thing

I agree with the person upthread who said it was the tagline that was the issue.
    Neither say ignore a womans "No" tonight so they are pretty apple/apple to me. Removing no from **Your** vocabulary tonight is not quite the same as willfully violate the no coming out of someone elses mouth.

Increasing the 'hell yeah' in your vocabulary is a frequent occurance.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Def apples to oranges

Three sheets = Sailing term
    Saying no = anti-rape and drug campaigns, all about adding no to your vocab

a slogan about not saying no, well that kinds goes straight for those campaigns

apples to oranges
    scrills wrote: »
    Def apples to oranges

Three sheets = Sailing term
    Saying no = anti-rape and drug campaigns

a slogan about not saying no, well that kinds goes straight for those campaigns

apples to oranges

Also a reference to being so trashed your gone... out on a boat... sloshed. And no has no other meanings or connotations than no means no or just say no? Although this bottle is apparently the equavelent to peer pressure for some. It's not saying no means yes or no means maybe or another person will not be saying no tonight. It's saying decreasing your inhibitions tonight. Long standing common knowledge about alcohol. I do not take it as going after the No Means No (or just say no) Campaign in any way. Bud Light Means Yes would be a better way to say that.

Is it the "No" that strictly bothers you? If they would have said Increasing your (hell) yes tonight would that have made a difference? Same difference via cause and effect.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also this seems to be targeted to younger audiences. Besides the fact that I assume younger people(particularly females) would tend to drink budlight since it's cheap because why else would you drink it? I know I'm being a beer snob, but I've tasted it once it tastes like nasty carbonated water with nasty beer smell.

And I may be wrong here(and maybe a different topic) but, usually when youre more mature or in control of situations, when do you even get to the point where you have to say no? This whole thing seems to be targeted to younger audiences and for young guys trying to get laid.
    Of course I do not see inhibitions or no applying strictly to sex either.

in·hi·bi·tion
    ˌin(h)iˈbiSH(ə)n/
    noun
    a feeling that makes one self-conscious and unable to act in a relaxed and natural way.
    "the children, at first shy, soon lost their inhibitions"
    synonyms: shyness, reticence, self-consciousness, reserve, diffidence

PSYCHOLOGY
    a voluntary or involuntary restraint on the direct expression of an instinct.
    the action of inhibiting, restricting, or hindering a process.
    synonyms: hindrance, hampering, discouragement, obstruction, impediment, suppression, repression, restriction, restraint, constraint, cramping, stifling, prevention

I am in no way saying I find it to be the most suave tag line in the world. Not even close. Just saying I see many options while looking at decreasing ones inhibitions and not restricting yourself with a no, no, no, sorry, i never!, i shant!! Some of them are cute/funny. I find the automatic assaumption by some that it is a direct reference to sexual inhibitions, only a reference to rape, and should therefore be killed to be presumptuous and puritanical.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file