Help a curly out please..ordered new products :)

CurlsnswirlsCurlsnswirls Posts: 865Registered Users Curl Neophyte
So I haven't tried any "new" products in a long time. (New to me anyway). I splurged with the curlmart sale and purchased the following. I should be receiving them next week.
I realize there are specific threads out there but I have read what I've found and still have questions. If you use any of these products please share tips and favorite combos. What "hold" do you consider these products and what do you compare them to? What products do they work well with?

I know everyone is different but I'm still curious. My favorite leave in is KCKT and currently testing out the As I Am leave in.

I ordered;
Kinky curly Tiny twirls
Camille Rose curl maker
Original Moxie shape shifter
Original Moxie Hold Up serum
Mop Top custard

I think I will try all but the serum with a harder hold gel on top. I use (love) CJ pattern pusha but sometimes need a dab of BRHG on top. Of course, I'm still using the "old" formula.

I was reading Scott Musgraves blog and he mentions several of these products and he recommends some of them as "fillers" and then topping them with a gel. I think his favorite gel is Devacurl ultra defining gel which I just received a sample of.

Thanks in advance! :flower:

Comments

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Those middle three are favorites of mine.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    I truly love CRN Curl Maker. I am personally not a fan of its high price tag. However, I do get around that, by buying it whenever I see it bring offered on sale online. To me, it is most similar to Donna Marie's MiraCurl Curling Jelly (which is indefinitely out of stock). The only difference between these two jellies is that Donna Marie's one is a bit more moisturizing to my curls.

I have used CRN Curl Maker both with and without a leave in-moisturizer, and received awesome results. When I do pair Curl Maker with other products, it is with other CRN products only. When I use it all alone in my hair, I get added shine, light moisturization, lots of definition, all day frizz control, and a pretty firm hold to my curls. I don't get any flaking. But, my curls will feel crunchy, however, during the week, the crunch does end up going away. When I use it along with a leave in moisturizer, the only difference that I get to my curls is a slightly lesser curl hold, increased moisturization (than without), and better curl elongation. It's scent is what I consider to be on the neutral side. As, it is not overpowering at all.

Hope you get get results from it!
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • CurlsnswirlsCurlsnswirls Posts: 865Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thank you both! I'm excited to try these all out. I also need to revisit my JC spiralicious. I haven't used it in a while:
    My first impression for the CM curl maker and the MOPTOP custard on first use is ...wow! I applied KCKT as a leave-in and parted my hair in half. I used CRCM on one side and the MOPTOP custard on the other. I wanted to see how they would work without a styling cream or FSG underneath or hard hold gel on top. I'm really impressed with BOTH!
    They both were easy to apply and dried in a decent amount of time, definitely not as long as kccc. The CM seemed to clump better whereas the custard was not quite as clumpy, not bad though. They both left my hair shiny. The CM did seem to have more hold. I still had a little crunch this morning and the Moptop side was softer. Although the "crunch" wasn't there on the MT side it still held up. I had lots of definition and shine on both sides of my hair. I'm really amazed at how well they both worked with just a leave in.
    I do like that I can order the CRCM from Aveyou, big plus. But I can also order them both from curlmart when they have a sale :). I wished curlmart carried the 16 oz of the MT custard though. I like to be able to have that option since the shipping directly from Moptop isn't cheap :(.

I also ordered a few more of original moxie samples that I hope to receive soon.
    I'm going to try the OM shape shifter next topped with a couple different gels because I don't think it will have enough hold on its own. I will try the OM hold up serum with just a leave in. I will probably try the tiny twirls last after I see if I can find any reviews or tips on using it.
    Somehow I ordered a bottle of the KC spiral spritz and need to find out how to use it..

I appreciate any tips. Thanks!
    You can order both from Target as well and use there 5$ off coupon when they have them! Some stores have it on the ground. So glad you are pleased.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
    Chupie, how do you use the OM hold up serum?
    chupie wrote: »
    You can order both from Target as well and use there 5$ off coupon when they have them! Some stores have it on the ground. So glad you are pleased.

Oh that's great! I really doubt my target carries this product in store but I will check next time I'm there. I also want to try out some other Camille rose products like the deep treatments, leave in and refresher.

A very small amount over a cream or leave in. Wet hair.
    chupie wrote: »

A very small amount over a cream or leave in. Wet hair.

Thank you!
    I'm absolutely loving the CR curl maker. All the above mentioned products do work well but the CM is my favorite! I will continue to try these out a little more before selling/swapping them.
    Ok..so I've also received a few more products. Any tips or reviews welcome.

Camille rose naturals whipped aloe butter gel (smells HEAVENLY)
    CHS curl styling cream
    Briogeo leave-in/cream
    Use the CR WAG as a leave in/curl cream under gel same with Briogeo. Love both of these. Use CR WAG to SOTC. Sometimes I use The Briogeo with CR Curlmaker over it. Not as much hold but I love the combo. I haven't used CHS.
    Thank you!

I will try them both that way. I did try out the CHS curl cream last night and I like the way my hair turned out. I used the Briogeo as a leave in and then added the style cream.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file