Using a rinse out conditioner as a leave in...?

I'm pretty new here so I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question/if it's already been asked (I searched and couldn't find anything)

I was previously doing coconut oil before every co-wash with Renpure Organics Argan Oil. I have really hard water with high salt that has radically changed my skin/hair since I moved form humid Housotn with it's nice water to my dry/windy college town with water so salty you can't drink it unfiltered because it'll just dehydrate you more :crybaby:. So it's incredibly difficult to get things out of my hair and the more time my hair spends under the water the drier it gets.

I had really great results using coconut oil before my first clarifying wash. However, since then it takes forever to get out and because my hair dries out under the water it's been turning out kinda dry and crispy, particularly on the top. I think my mousse may have been drying my hair, and I previously used Keratin Complex serum which I loved, so I'm trying to find products to add some protein back into my routine.

Today I picked up Nature's Gate aloe conditioner and Alba Botanica strong hold gel (has lots of protein but not Keratin) and I'm using my renpure organics as a pre-treatment. I still plan on using coconut oil before my shampoo days, but I'm wondering if it's a good idea to be using actual conditioner in its place? My logic is that it'll wash out really quickly and the shampoo also gets coconut oil out quickly, meaning I don't have to soak my hair in either case.

I'm all over the place and have about a million products right now. It's all getting kinda stressful haha. I supposedly have low porosity hair but I don't buy that/think only the top of my hair is low porosity because I have really thick red hair that's super sun sensitive and the top is way lighter because of the sun. I'm 2b when I dry naturally, but have been twirling my hair into ringlet curls for a really long time.

If anyone has any general recommendations I'd appreciate it, but thoughts on whether I should use a regular conditioner as a mask would be greatly appreciated along with any conditioner recommendations (I am a poor college student and buy all cruelty free so I have a very small range of options, but I've definitely been eyeing shea moisture's products) In the meantime, I'm going to go wash out this renpure argan oil with my nature's gate and see how it turns out! :sunny:

Comments

• Maggie86Maggie86 Posts: 83Registered Users
    I use a rinse out conditioner as a leave in and I love it, it does come out very easy the next time you wash it and it doesn't dry "heavy", the hair just feels moisturized without having that greasy sensation.
    As always I would suggest you try it once since every hair is different but my experience has been very good :toothy2:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file