Polyquat build up

I cannot get this stuff out of my hair!! I tried the curl keeper cream and then next day as soon as the water hit my hair in the shower my hair was gummy and matted. I couldn't even brush my hair!!! I loaded with conditioner and it sti wouldn't detangled. Today I went and got a sulfate shampoo and I cannot get this out of my hair! I shampooed two times!! My hair is still gummy and tangled. I also noticed it's almost as if my hair is coated wjth something because and I applied my styling products it was just sitting on top my hair. Idk what to do!
3A 3B mix
Colored treated
Combo Low and High porosity
Medium coarse texture

Goosefootprints hair analysis
Co-wash- As I Am Co-wash
RO-GVPCB[/COLOR
LI- As I Am leave in,
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Style- la looks sport gel

Comments

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You could try a pinch of citric acid in your conditioner or vinegar?
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • greencup13greencup13 Posts: 596Registered Users
    Vinegar as in acv? I was going to shampoo again today then should inuse acv?
    3A 3B mix
    Colored treated
    Medium coarse texture

Co-wash- As I Am Co-wash
    RO-GVPCB[/COLOR
    LI- As I Am leave in,
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yeah acv. But it may just also take a few washes. But if try a little acv next time.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Posts: 1,275Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    What sulfate shampoo did you use, and did you check for silicones and polyquats before using?
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
    I used free and clear garnier.
    3A 3B mix
    Colored treated
    Medium coarse texture

Co-wash- As I Am Co-wash
    RO-GVPCB[/COLOR
    LI- As I Am leave in,
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]
  • Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Posts: 1,275Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    greencup13 wrote: »

Pure Clean? It has Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride as the 7th ingredient. According to Science-y Hair Blog's Polyquat or Not article, it's got high buildup potential. I wouldn't hesitate to use it to clarify regular product buildup or even minor hard water deposits (it has citric acid, which is a chelator), but since it has a polyquat, I don't know that I'd try using it to remove polyquat buildup.

You might try finding a sulfate shampoo that doesn't have that ingredient and wash with it to see if your hair responds better. My clarifying sulfate shampoo has since been reformulated to contain silicones and polyquats, so it wouldn't work for you. I'm sure there are other options out there, but one I randomly clicked on today after checking Pure Clean's ingredients was HE's Tea-Lightfully Clean shampoo, which looks like it'd be a decent clarifier (if harsh... has both SLS's).

Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Water, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Fragrance, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Yellow 5, Blue 1
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
    Geek_Chic wrote: »
    greencup13 wrote: »

Pure Clean? It has Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride as the 7th ingredient. According to Science-y Hair Blog's Polyquat or Not article, it's got high buildup potential. I wouldn't hesitate to use it to clarify regular product buildup or even minor hard water deposits (it has citric acid, which is a chelator), but since it has a polyquat, I don't know that I'd try using it to remove polyquat buildup.

You might try finding a sulfate shampoo that doesn't have that ingredient and wash with it to see if your hair responds better. My clarifying sulfate shampoo has since been reformulated to contain silicones and polyquats, so it wouldn't work for you. I'm sure there are other options out there, but one I randomly clicked on today after checking Pure Clean's ingredients was HE's Tea-Lightfully Clean shampoo, which looks like it'd be a decent clarifier (if harsh... has both SLS's).

Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Water, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Fragrance, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Yellow 5, Blue 1

Lol sorry just have been thinking of free and clear laundry detergent.

Man! That explains everything. Sometimes Cg is so hard. Just when you think you're doing something right you find out it's wrong. Ahhhh

I ended up doing multiple acv rinses and my hair is almost back to normal.

I just started using la looks sport fen die the first time and it seems to be building up on my hair too. I really need to be more cautious for polyquats because I was only looking for "polyquantrum"
    3A 3B mix
    Colored treated
    Medium coarse texture

Co-wash- As I Am Co-wash
    RO-GVPCB[/COLOR
    LI- As I Am leave in,
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list