best routine for 2b/2c hair

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Please post your best simple routine. I have recently retired from work where I usually wore my hair in a roller set because I didn't have time to re-wet every morning and also my conservative boss preferred that look (groan).

So now I can do what I want (yippee) and have time to do my hair each morning. What are your best simple routines? I haven't been cg in a while, but could go that route.

Thanks for your input!

ETA: I don't seem to like mousse - it makes my hair sticky.
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• SereneCurlsSereneCurls Posts: 1,145Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Congratulations. Maybe you could try something like this: leave in, scrunch in a curl enhancer or a cream or something like that for definition, scrunch in a gel on top for hold. You could diffuse if you want to, or just leave to air dry if you're not bothered about all that. so something like leave in, cjccccl, cjpp. It wouldn't be hard hold, but would be soft and have good definition. Are you interested in getting multiple days out of your hair, or would you rather wash daily?
    3a, dense, fairly coarse, normal porosity and elasticity, just below shoulder
    Low poo: Giovanni 50 50
    Co-wash: aia, suave coconut, salon care
    R O: Tresume Naturals, gvpcb
    L I: KCKT, gvpcb
    Stylers: cjpp, re : coil, kccc, brhg
    Oils: coconut, argan
    Experimenting with: curls rock amplifier, pantene mousse
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    cp -- great news, congratulations! :hello1: now the fun!

i think i might start with different leave ins -- sometimes just whatever leave in conditioner you use, and if you seal. then another day i'd do either just a gel or a tiny bit of leave in with a gel.........
    i never did this but i know some do, keep a written record of dew points and what you used and rate it and if you got 2nd day hair.....
    definitely just maybe a bit of a plop, scrunch, and air dry.
    let us know your results.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file