finally a conditioner which makes a little difference

princess_08princess_08 Posts: 59Registered Users
So I have tried many drugstore and some higher end conditioners and never see any lasting difference once washed out of my hair ...they always feel nice in though!
Recently I saw some good reviews for the dove nourishing oil one and so far so good...its very creamy, has good slip and does not weigh my hair down ...and I notice less frizz, softer and is more manageable. I just hope it lasts ...although I will try others

Comments

• kate33624kate33624 Posts: 10Registered Users
    It has 2 cones in it!

Sent from my SM-G360P using CurlTalk App
  • princess_08princess_08 Posts: 59Registered Users
    kate33624 wrote: »
    It has 2 cones in it!

I know but it is the only thing working right now and I still use shampoo
  • kate33624kate33624 Posts: 10Registered Users
    I miss my silicone! Do whatever works good for you ;-)

• BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm glad you've found something that's giving you such positive results!
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
    I'm glad you've found something that's giving you such positive results!

Thanks I just hope it doesn't stop working, I'm looking for a good leave in now
  • ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    So I have tried many drugstore and some higher end conditioners and never see any lasting difference once washed out of my hair ...they always feel nice in though!
    Recently I saw some good reviews for the dove nourishing oil one and so far so good...its very creamy, has good slip and does not weigh my hair down ...and I notice less frizz, softer and is more manageable. I just hope it lasts ...although I will try others

I actually decided to buy this conditioner, a while back, and I happen yo really like it a lot. I actually even bought a back up of it. I don't exclusively practice the CG Method. Instead, I simply choose to go by whatever my hair lets me know that it really likes and that it really doesn't. And, when I find a product that ends up being a hit for my hair, I definitely stick with it. I actually use this conditioner, like I do all my conditioners-as a DC. I always keep my conditioners in for upwards of 30-45 minutes. Plus, I always use a heating source when I DC, in order to achieve maximum penetration of the conditioner into my hair strands.

Hope you continue to have much sucess with this conditioner!
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!

I actually decided to buy this conditioner, a while back, and I happen yo really like it a lot. I actually even bought a back up of it. I don't exclusively practice the CG Method. Instead, I simply choose to go by whatever my hair lets me know that it really likes and that it really doesn't. And, when I find a product that ends up being a hit for my hair, I definitely stick with it. I actually use this conditioner, like I do all my conditioners-as a DC. I always keep my conditioners in for upwards of 30-45 minutes. Plus, I always use a heating source when I DC, in order to achieve maximum penetration of the conditioner into my hair strands.

Hope you continue to have much sucess with this conditioner!

Thanks!.... I know there is also a mask in this range to but I think this would proberly work well as a DC as you say. That's one thing I have never done is use heat when DC I will have to try it.
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    It has 2 cones in it!

FYI silicones are not the devil, and many of us here use them. The problem arises when you don't cleanse them away properly. There's no harm in using silicones. It's important to educate yourself, not just repeat what one lady said not to do. Even Lorraine Massey started her product line with a silicone in it.

It's obviously working for you, that's great! Happy you finally found something! :)
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
    sixelamy wrote: »
    It has 2 cones in it!

FYI silicones are not the devil, and many of us here use them. The problem arises when you don't cleanse them away properly. There's no harm in using silicones. It's important to educate yourself, not just repeat what one lady said not to do. Even Lorraine Massey started her product line with a silicone in it.

It's obviously working for you, that's great! Happy you finally found something! :)

Thanks...I find dove products in general to be quite good and I know they have a new curl range but its not available in the uk
  • CurlyAeriCurlyAeri Posts: 21Registered Users
    These are the conditioners I use (deep,washout, and leave in) , I know all of them may not have 100% natural ingredients but they work for my hair ! I hope one of you readers will consider trying one :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file