I posed this on the natural-care forum, but got no responses...

corinniePopcorinniePop Posts: 138Registered Users Curl Neophyte
The other day, I bought Yes to Cucumbers Total Shine shampoo and Garnier Pure Clean gel. They seem to be pretty much natural, but are they? Have you gotten good results with either or both of these products? I can't seem to find reviews of the Y2C anywhere, only the color care version. I've also been using Naturally Silk Elements cleansing co-wash and deep nourishing conditioner for a short while. Are these good too? I'm trying to be a good CG follower, but I'm not very good at interpreting ingredient lists yet!

Comments

• bringingcurliesback?bringingcurliesback? Posts: 1,308Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I haven't heard of the first one or tried the second one but many have hated or loved the Garnier one. I think the most "natural" products kind of vary from person to person as they may define (hah define like hair) natural differently. For example something like fsg/okra might be more natural compared to a store bought gel etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using CurlTalk App
    *Current Routine*
    LP: SM RSB
    CO/CW: CJ Daily Fix, GR Restorative, SM RSB, SM SFC
    DC: SM, CJ Rehab, G.Nutrafix, DIY
    LI: a CO, KCKT
    Sealers: an oil, JC N&S
    Stylers: just CO, CJ CIAB, KCCC, aloe gel, FSG
    Once in a while: ACV, Lemon-Aid

Oils to seal, rinse, and/or pre-poo as needed :love10:

2c/3a/3b coarse, normal porosity
    :toothy4: CG since 2007 :flower:
  • bringingcurliesback?bringingcurliesback? Posts: 1,308Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I feel like you will be a good cg follower no matter what and if cg doesn't work for you then it doesn't. You just need to experiment and find out what works for YOUR hair. There is no secret code to it although that would be quite cool and scandalous lol. Some people just like usong silicones, some people are modified cg, and some people just have no label. It's okay!
    Also it can be as complicated or simple as you want it to be. Some people use the cheap/light/"classic" go to stuff (in my opinion) like suave coconut, tresemme naturals, vo5, and lalsg or eco styler.

How do you think these products you are currently working for you? Just go from there. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using CurlTalk App
    *Current Routine*
    LP: SM RSB
    CO/CW: CJ Daily Fix, GR Restorative, SM RSB, SM SFC
    DC: SM, CJ Rehab, G.Nutrafix, DIY
    LI: a CO, KCKT
    Sealers: an oil, JC N&S
    Stylers: just CO, CJ CIAB, KCCC, aloe gel, FSG
    Once in a while: ACV, Lemon-Aid

Oils to seal, rinse, and/or pre-poo as needed :love10:

2c/3a/3b coarse, normal porosity
    :toothy4: CG since 2007 :flower: