Unbelievable. Veterinarian TX brags about killing cat with bow

chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
This is so outrageous I just can't even.

😡😡😡😡😡😡😢😢😢😢😢😡😡😡😡😡👺👺👺👺👺👺👺

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Veterinarian-Brags-About-Killing-Cat-with-Bow-and-Arrow--300293461.html?device=phone&c=y
2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com

Comments

• curlisue1curlisue1 Posts: 494Registered Users Curl Novice
    That is just awful. I don't even have words for what I think of that horrible excuse for a human.
  • juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I am sick over this. How does a veterinarian do this? Revoke his license and put him in jail!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using CurlTalk App

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,130Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I didn't even dare watch it. Miserable piece of s**t.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    She's been fired at least and the authorities are investigating.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I am glad to hear that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using CurlTalk App

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    I avoided the pic but saw the screenshot of comments on FB where people are impressed with her shot.

Also:
    Despite the controversy, fired veterinarian Kristen Lindsey does have supporters in Washington County. Shannon Stoddard stopped by the Washington Animal Clinic with balloons and a thank you note.
    "She's amazing. She’s caring,” Stoddard said. “She’s a good vet, so maybe her bad choice of posting something on Facebook was not good. But I don't think she should be judged for it."
    Washington County Resident Preston Northrup said "all these people in the cities just don't understand what goes on in the country and they get in an uproar. They ought to just mind their own business."
    Dr. Kristen Lindsey, DVM posted a picture on her Facebook page of her holding an arrow that is sticking through the head of a dead cat. The post read “My first bow kill, lol. The only good feral tomcat is one with an arrow through it's head! Vet of the year award ... Gladly accepted."
    Aside from being wrong about her kill being feral in the first place, it sounds to me that maybe a fair number of people out in the country there (Washington County) consider killing feral tomcats a public service.

I'm inclined to defend 'country ways' because my mom is a former country girl through and through...but that is just too sad and weird.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I read, though, that this cat wasn't feral, he was a pet. She assumed and killed him.
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • AnnamaeAnnamae Posts: 9Registered Users
    Its been confirmed that this was a pet cat named Tiger.
    Any vet would be able to tell the difference between a feral and an outdoor cat. This cat was far too clean, and well-fed to be "feral".
    I think this woman is a psychopath who just wanted to kill something.

She's been fired from her clinic, but that's not enough, she needs to have her license revoked, and go to jail.
    If she could kill a domesticated animal with a huge smile on her face and no remorse, what's to say she won't kill more, and possibly move on to humans? Many serial killers get their start with animals.

RIP Tiger, I hope your owners get justice.
    ~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~
    3B, but dealing with years worth of heat/chemical damage.
    :(
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,771Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm inclined to defend 'country ways' because my mom is a former country girl through and through...but that is just too sad and weird.

Is this typical in the country? I've never heard of anyone shooting cats w/ a bow and arrow but IDK too many country folks.

I'm not sure where the killer vet lives, but I grew up in the country and the last thing we worried about was feral cats. Coyotes and trespassers, but not cats.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,771Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    curlisue1 wrote: »
    I'm not sure where the killer vet lives, but I grew up in the country and the last thing we worried about was feral cats. Coyotes and trespassers, but not cats.

Texas

I wanted to add this quote here, because it's just disgusting.
    When she initially came under fire, she allegedly posted, "She later comments about her job, “Psshh. Like someone would get rid of me. I’m awesome.”" on her FB. It's since been shut down.
    link:
    Caturday Kudos, Videos and Vet Kills Cat With Crossbow

and the place she worked posted this:

article-vet-0417.jpg?enlarged

okay that's huge and I don't know how to make it smaller.

It reads, "dear friends, clients and other interested folks. We just learned of the conduct that was discussed on facebook. We are absolutely appalled, shocked, upset and disgusted by the conduct. We have parted ways with Ms Lindsey. We do not allow such conduct and we condemn it in the strongest possible manner. Please know that when informed of this we responded swiftly and appropriately and please do not impute this awful conduct to the Washington Animal Clinic or any of its personnel"
    I avoided the pic but saw the screenshot of comments on FB where people are impressed with her shot.

Also:
    Despite the controversy, fired veterinarian Kristen Lindsey does have supporters in Washington County. Shannon Stoddard stopped by the Washington Animal Clinic with balloons and a thank you note.
    "She's amazing. She’s caring,” Stoddard said. “She’s a good vet, so maybe her bad choice of posting something on Facebook was not good. But I don't think she should be judged for it."
    Washington County Resident Preston Northrup said "all these people in the cities just don't understand what goes on in the country and they get in an uproar. They ought to just mind their own business."
    Dr. Kristen Lindsey, DVM posted a picture on her Facebook page of her holding an arrow that is sticking through the head of a dead cat. The post read “My first bow kill, lol. The only good feral tomcat is one with an arrow through it's head! Vet of the year award ... Gladly accepted."
    Aside from being wrong about her kill being feral in the first place, it sounds to me that maybe a fair number of people out in the country there (Washington County) consider killing feral tomcats a public service.

"Country ways" don't usually involve bows and arrows or gloating.

That is an excuse AFAIAC.
    I wonder how "awesome" she feels now that her place of employment fired her and posted that on their website. I'm glad they addressed it head on.
    chupie wrote: »

"Country ways" don't usually involve bows and arrows or gloating.

That is an excuse AFAIAC.

That's what I took it as, but I guess I should have made my wording more clear. My mom has never mentioned people she grew up around killing feral cats either (what she claims she thought she was doing). Because of quotes in that original link, some of the country dwelling people of that county sound like that's not weird to them. And that's bizarre.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

One of the buzzfeed commenters:
    I grew up in a very rural town where feral cat populations were sometimes problems that local sharpshooters would pare down from time to time.

Not that Tiger actually was feral, but Ms. Cat Killer claims she thought he was. This sentiment is why some people there have her back.

IMO there is still a huge difference between sharp shooting and bow and arrow as "country folk" varmint control. And AFAIK most in the country don't get all gloaty about it either.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file