Dropped iPhone in water.. And survived!

sKorpio1190sKorpio1190 Posts: 1,862Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Has this ever happened to anyone else? Today I dropped my iPhone 6 in water and shockingly it still works fine! I'm SO relieved!!
Medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity :shock:

Comments

• mustangbunnymustangbunny Posts: 1,033Registered Users
    I've never dropped my 4s in water but I had a coffee explosion once that nailed my phone pretty badly. I've dropped it on the bathroom tile floor while blow drying my hair upwards of 100 times. It's a pretty sturdy little phone! Course a good case doesn't hurt. Did you put the phone in rice to dry it out?

Low-poo: Looking for a new one.
    Condish: V05 Tea Therapy, Body Shop Banana
    Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave In
    PT: My hair needs very little. I use Suave Naturals Coconut when I need a little bit and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.
    Styler: Giovanni LA

Go Red Wings!
    :hockey:

• sKorpio1190sKorpio1190 Posts: 1,862Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've never dropped my 4s in water but I had a coffee explosion once that nailed my phone pretty badly. I've dropped it on the bathroom tile floor while blow drying my hair upwards of 100 times. It's a pretty sturdy little phone! Course a good case doesn't hurt. Did you put the phone in rice to dry it out?

I did, but it was working even when I pulled it out of the water. I grabbed it FAST. I just washed my last phone less than 2 months ago, so needless to say I was MORTIFIED
  • mustangbunnymustangbunny Posts: 1,033Registered Users
    Oh my! It's ok, my boyfriend once couldn't find his iPhone and then he got in his car and accidentally drove over it! It still sort of worked, too! It was crap but it could be used for calls and stuff.

Low-poo: Looking for a new one.
    Condish: V05 Tea Therapy, Body Shop Banana
    Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave In
    PT: My hair needs very little. I use Suave Naturals Coconut when I need a little bit and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.
    Styler: Giovanni LA

Go Red Wings!
    :hockey:

• sKorpio1190sKorpio1190 Posts: 1,862Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Omg. Yea he probably had that same horrible feeling in his gut that I had when I realized my phone was in the washing machine.. And toilet lol
  • JillDuggarJillDuggar Posts: 1Registered Users
    Dropped iphone in water. You may need a professional help. Good luck.
    recovery-tool.com/ios-recovery/how-to-fix-water-damaged-iphone.html
  • IcarusIcarus Posts: 14Registered Users
    Some future info just in case:

Once you drop your phone in water, immediately remove it. Do not turn it off. Instead, open it and remove the battery. Place the phone and battery in alcohol for about 10 minutes or so. Really doesn't need to long. Remove from alcohol and bury in rice for at least 24 hours. After the 24 hours, place battery back in and the phone should be fine.

-Icarus
  • FestivalFestival Posts: 9Registered Users
    reminds me of a video I've seen a while back where a guy baked a cake with his iphone in the batter and it still worked fresh out the oven
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users
    Happened to my iphone shuffle once. I was at the gym using the treadmill and I don't remember why but I rested it on the cupholder not realizing it was filled with water.
  • AngelaE8654AngelaE8654 Posts: 1,099Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    I did this too to my iPhone 4. Dropped it into the sink with the water on. It started acting weird that night but put it into rice and by the next day it was totally fine. I hadn't "upgraded" my phone in years so I ordered a new iPhone but didn't need it so we're holding the phone in case someone else's iPhone on our plan gets dunked or some such. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm definitely a "curly" 2c. Sometimes curly and sometimes just wavy upper layer with a ringlety under layer. My hair has been thick and coarse since birth. Strawberry blonde in color that can and does change depending on the type and amount of light.

All in all, I'm happy with my hair type but almost for sure think yours is prettier. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file