This is what happens when I put Honey and Coconut Milk on my Hair (Pictures)

CurlyMan82CurlyMan82 Registered Users Posts: 219 Curl Neophyte
Mixed honey and some coconut milk and put it in a container. Put some on my hair right after I conditioned it, then divided it into two sections and twisted. Wound them up like bantu knots and put big clips on them and put a plastic shopping bag over them.

Slept with it like that, then washed it with warm water and hit it with cold afterwards. Results:

2ngyhch.jpg

2hq78jn.jpg

2cs6lwn.jpg

I was really surprised to see there wasn't much frizz at all. I used coconut milk like 2 weeks ago, and it didn't come out quite like this.

Comments

• lolo918lolo918 Registered Users Posts: 729 Curl Neophyte
    Ooooh, gorgeous curls!!!! Maybe the humectants in the honey helped? Well that is if you didn't use the honey last time.

Coconut milk also has protein so maybe the second dose was just enough to make a difference?

Sent from my VS980 4G using CurlTalk App
    3C/4A, fine texture, low-medium density, and low porosity
    CG since November 2013.

Pre-Poo: infrequent now, Coconut Oil overnight
    Shampoo: Curls unleashed/for occasional sulfate wash when needed, everlasting sunshine.
    Conditioner: Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine and GVP's conditioning balm.
    Styler: iagirl's flaxseed curl cream or gelatin gel/conditioner mix. <3
    PT: iagirl's gelatin treatment 3-4 times a month, with conditioner/honey/avj
  • CurlyMan82CurlyMan82 Registered Users Posts: 219 Curl Neophyte
    Thank you very much. I forgot to say the thing that's most amazing to me is that these pictures are after I pat - dried it with a towel.
  • MsPMsP Registered Users Posts: 116
    Your hair is gorgeous now!
    My Routine:
    Coconut oil drench the night before I co-wash
    then cowash and deep condition each time w/ Keracare Humecto, Joico Moisture Recovery and/or ApHogee 2min
    then usually airdry
    Grapeseed oil nightly

(no gel, mouse, or hair spray. My delicate, fine hair will tear if I even try to run my fingers through it with any of those. :angel9:)
    My go to leave ins are now: my regular conditioners listed above, gs oil, or PW77
    lolo918 wrote: »
    Ooooh, gorgeous curls!!!! Maybe the humectants in the honey helped? Well that is if you didn't use the honey last time.

Coconut milk also has protein so maybe the second dose was just enough to make a difference?

Sent from my VS980 4G using CurlTalk App

I think it was the honey, but I'm not quite sure. To add more comparison, this was my hair before I put the coconut milk and honey on. I washed my hair before that and dried it the same way I dried it in the first pictures I posted.

2yxj6oo.png
    MsP wrote: »

You had a lot to do with it ;)
    CurlyMan82 wrote: »

Wow thank you. I am so flattered and glad I helped!
    I think Teri Laflesh really had a lot to do with it (winks)
    My Routine:
    then cowash and deep condition each time w/ Keracare Humecto, Joico Moisture Recovery and/or ApHogee 2min
    then usually airdry
    Grapeseed oil nightly

(no gel, mouse, or hair spray. My delicate, fine hair will tear if I even try to run my fingers through it with any of those. :angel9:)
    My go to leave ins are now: my regular conditioners listed above, gs oil, or PW77
    CurlyMan82 wrote: »

Wow thank you. I am so flattered and glad I helped!
    I think Teri Laflesh really had a lot to do with it (winks)

Well, she had a little to do with it, but she didn't have any kind of contact info on her site so you could ask her when something wasn't clear.

You, on the other hand, seemed to always have something useful to tell me in every thread I made.

Also a big thanks to whoever it was the suggested coconut milk in the first place.

This also seems to solve one of the things I was trying to figure out about volume. Looks like the reason mine was so out there was because I did actually have frizzy roots, like I thought. After following this treatment, everything hung straight down because that frizziness was eliminated for the most part.
    Coconut milk w/ a lil lemon or lime juice was in one of those videos I posted.
    I know a lot of people are jealous of your hair now !
    :D
    My Routine:
    then usually airdry
    Grapeseed oil nightly

Coconut milk w/ a lil lemon or lime juice was in one of those videos I posted.
    I know a lot of people are jealous of your hair now !
    :D

Well, I explained what I did so that anybody could follow and see what effect it has.

I just might try that. It just so happens I bought lemon/lime juice yesterday for cooking. Also have some avocados. I remember hearing about lemon juice, but I didn't try it. Still have an unopened can of grapeseed oil. Decisions, decisions!
    Coconut milk can also be used simply as a leave in treatment as in this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGa-DYYWS3w
    The grapeseed oil is great as a leave in for the ceramides that protect and strengthen the strand. That is also great to carry along with this whole regimen on a regular basis. I just finished a bottle of grape seed oil last night. I like the Napa Valley Natural's brand for the bottle as per sistawithrealhair's recommendation.
    My Routine:
    then usually airdry
    Grapeseed oil nightly

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file