Help?

qwoolqwool Posts: 12Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Basically Ihave no idea what to do with my hair...it's

shoulder length
curly on left side, wavy on right, straight at the back.
fine
porous

My hair has always been weird...I had a little blonde afro til I was 3, then dead straight hair until I was 10, it was then wavy until I was 13. Then I had the dreaded triangle hair stage where it was very frizzy and now it's just a weighted down version of that!

I had it cut about 3 weeks ago and I've already seen split ends. I use a mousse that says that it smooths it out and make it curlier...it doesn't seem to do that though.

I've only recently been able to not do one thing that is perfectly fine for anyone but a curly - brush my hair. I did co-wash my hair once, because my hair doesn't need washing until the 4th day, but the curls had deflated, and my mum kept remarking on how it looked greasy and was going to make me wash it again, thankfully she didn't.
So, I would only be able to temporarily no-poo my hair during term-time, until I move out of home perminantly.

I'm saying this assuming my curls are hiding and that I'm not going straight again.
2C, fine dunno about porosity
Routine:
Jason shampoo/conditioner. (The seaweed one...)
Sometimes a random gel in the house - it's the kinda that goes sticky in soggy conditions...

Comments

• curlisue1curlisue1 Posts: 494Registered Users Curl Novice
    My hair is a mix of different types of curls and I have to diffuse to make it look alright. I also create a couple finger curls by twirling a little if my hair on my side that's just wavy. I also have to watch for buildup because it affects my curl pattern.

What is your styling routine?
  • qwoolqwool Posts: 12Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    curlisue1 wrote: »
    My hair is a mix of different types of curls and I have to diffuse to make it look alright. I also create a couple finger curls by twirling a little if my hair on my side that's just wavy. I also have to watch for buildup because it affects my curl pattern.

What is your styling routine?

This is going to sound really bad but I have shower shampoo & condit. then dry lightly with a t-shirt (cotton) and pop in about a small palmful of VO5 smoothly does it in as well. on days that I don't wash, I'll finger comb it...so it's not like I really look after it lol! I think I have a build-up problem as well, so I'll clean that once I'm back into my uni house a week thursday! (I have to have a 'normal' routine at home in holidays - me mum'd be funny about it.)
    I've tried twirling it in both directions while it's wet...itjust seems to want to be be wavy in the middle!!

Although I have just taken out a dutch plait where I squirted loads of leave in (homemade) conditioner before and after plaiting it and it's come out really nice and curly on both sides!!
    2C, fine dunno about porosity
    Routine:
    Jason shampoo/conditioner. (The seaweed one...)
    Sometimes a random gel in the house - it's the kinda that goes sticky in soggy conditions...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file