CurlTalk

Scalp hurts?

ElyonariElyonari Posts: 32Registered Users
Hello all! :)
I don't know if I am writing on good thread...
Yesterday morning I washed my hair and done my usual routine. Pre-poo with coconut oil and massage, wash and condition. Then I put some clips on head crown and I am always careful it doesn't hurt me. In the evening my scalp started to hurt like hell and I got a headache. I have a feeling like I was wearing a ponytail all day, but I didn't and can't wear it because my hair is short. It is just on one spot on top of my head, and when I touch it, it hurts much more. It still hurts and I am on painkillers. :( Is it because massaging, clips, something third? Did anyone had problem like this? What to do? :(
2C in a back, 3A in front
Low/normal porosity
Medium/low density
Good elasticity
Short length

Trying:
Babylove shampoo (no sulfates)
Alverde Nutri-Care conditioner - Almond oil and Argan oil (no silicones)
Alverde Syling gel...some long words on German... (no silicones)
FSG (low dew points)
Coconut oil as hair mask

121rgih_th.jpg

:toothy10:

Comments

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,270Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    That happens to me occasionally with no rhyme or reason. Then goes away. Feels just like you describe.
  • ElyonariElyonari Posts: 32Registered Users
    chupie wrote: »
    That happens to me occasionally with no rhyme or reason. Then goes away. Feels just like you describe.

How long did it last? :/
    Low/normal porosity
    Medium/low density
    Good elasticity
    Short length

Trying:
    FSG (low dew points)
    Coconut oil as hair mask

121rgih_th.jpg

Elyonari wrote: »
    chupie wrote: »

How long did it last? :/

Hmm. Usually 2 or 3 days. Shampooing with a real shampoo seems to help me. But I just don't know what causes it. I don't think it has anything to do with hair care. This has happened off and on forever. Big gaps in between though.
    PS I *have* read that this can go hand in hand with a tension headache. I guess I assumed that is what caused it.
  • ElyonariElyonari Posts: 32Registered Users
    Thank God it is only 2-3 days! I have really low tolerance on pain and I don't have much painkillers left. Tension headache? It might be, I am under a lot of stress lately. But I don't think it is. :/ It started from the scalp first and the headache started later.

I also forget to mention that before 5 months on martial art training one lady I was working with stood on my hair (sounds funny). As her foot was on my hair I was getting up. In other moment a bunch of my hair was under her foot! I almost started to cry because of pain! And that pain is now on a same spot where my hair was pulled then. It maybe has some connections...
    Low/normal porosity
    Medium/low density
    Good elasticity
    Short length

Trying:
    FSG (low dew points)
    Coconut oil as hair mask

121rgih_th.jpg

• wavypenwavypen Posts: 253Registered Users
    Migraine (and other things) can cause allodynia, which means something that doesn't normally cause pain, causes pain. I have chronic migraine and frequently have allodynia, I find that washing (but not cowashing) my hair, usually initially makes it hurt a little more, but then makes it much better. For me it feels like my hair hurts and moving my hair (like changing the part) makes it much worse.
    ^^^^^ interesting. That sounds except like it. And I am prone to migraines (not as much since menopause) but I still. get plenty of regular headaches.