New to transitioning and confused about how my hair is growing.

Avalon_92Avalon_92 Posts: 2Registered Users
Hi! I've been transitioning for about 4 months now, and I have about 2 inches of growth according to my hair dresser. I'm a bit confused on how my hair is growing and wanted to know if others have experienced the same thing. Freshly washed and dried, my hair has began to bunch up in different places. Some into little corkscrews, some into waves, but my hair is also puffy. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm only asking because I really don't remember what was ok for me (been relaxed about 12 years). Thank you!

Comments

• adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Avalon_92 wrote: »
    Hi! I've been transitioning for about 4 months now, and I have about 2 inches of growth according to my hair dresser. I'm a bit confused on how my hair is growing and wanted to know if others have experienced the same thing. Freshly washed and dried, my hair has began to bunch up in different places. Some into little corkscrews, some into waves, but my hair is also puffy. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm only asking because I really don't remember what was ok for me (been relaxed about 12 years). Thank you!

Honestly I wouldn't worry about what your natural hair looks like this early in. I would just focus in keeping the textures from matting or breaking off and keeping it moisturized.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • Avalon_92Avalon_92 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Thank you for replying. I honestly haven't had any issues with my hair getting matted or breaking off. My relaxed hair has always been dry, so I've been trying to fix that, but that's the extent of it. I do have a question though!Do you know of any products that can add moisture to damaged hair? Tried a few, but the most it will do is keep it moisturized for a few days.
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Avalon_92 wrote: »
    Thank you for replying. I honestly haven't had any issues with my hair getting matted or breaking off. My relaxed hair has always been dry, so I've been trying to fix that, but that's the extent of it. I do have a question though!Do you know of any products that can add moisture to damaged hair? Tried a few, but the most it will do is keep it moisturized for a few days.

I didn't have problems until month 4 and hopefully you won't. But most people have a really challenging transition so just be prepared for the possibility and maybe start reading up. the point where relaxed meets natural is called the line of demarkation and it's very weak and breakage prone. I wish I had knowb to stay away from sulfate shampoos when I was growing out. . Chemically treated hair is typically high porosity. So a moisturizer lasting a few days is doing pretty good. I moisturize my hair every day. My hair loves and must have water mix daily. Many naturals have some kind ofspritz either homemade or bought. but then I'm not wearing straight or sets so I'm not concerned about reverting. I don't know how you wear yours.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file