Eco Curl N' Styling Cocktail...Good Lord...

CurlyMan82CurlyMan82 Posts: 219Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Saw this in Sally's a week ago. I'm a fan of Eco Styler products, so I picked it up. Opened the top, it smelled absolutely amazing. It may be the best-smelling hair product I ever bought Almost wanted to eat some, lol. Being a guy, I could appreciate that it smells somewhat sweet, but not too sweet. I've bought products in the past that smelled like cupcakes, and that's not something a guy wants to smell like, lol.

It's a creamy, white texture. It's interesting. Not as thick as the gel. It's more like a pudding. I put it on and I was glad to see that it had some good hold. Slightly less than regular eco styler gel, but it was enough. I used it to slick back the top and sides into a ponytail. Worked like a charm. Hours later, my hair didn't have that stiff feeling that regular eco styler gel gives it. Again, I was marveled.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, it did. Days went by (I wore the same style for a few days and just tied it up at night) and the white flakes that eco styler leaves in your hair were nowhere to be found. This is the biggest reason I stopped using the regular eco styler gel so much. As my hair has gotten longer, it's gotten more and more difficult to get all of those flakes washed out of my hair. I barely used any and I ran back to the store to grab a second small tub.

This is the type of product that makes me want to hoard, lol. I haven't done a wash and go with eco styler since my hair was short for the reasons I mentioned above, but with how great this thing is, I just may stretch my hair and try this out! Do I dare? ;)

Comments

• BeinDebBeinDeb Posts: 583Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Sure you do! It's good stuff. I've used it since they came out with it, and it has a permanent place in my rotation!
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Is this the same as the custard because my hair didn't like that. I received a sample of it and it made my hair feel dry after a day. . PVP is not my friend. I can only use the Ecostylers that they took the pvp out.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • CurlyMan82CurlyMan82 Posts: 219Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    adthomas wrote: »
    Is this the same as the custard because my hair didn't like that. I received a sample of it and it made my hair feel dry after a day. . PVP is not my friend. I can only use the Ecostylers that they took the pvp out.

What custard? The kinky curly custard? Yeah, that didn't go well with me too. This is different. It's like a cream. Just a little thicker than some of the shea moisture products. Applies easily.
  • SpiralHamSpiralHam Posts: 477Registered Users

Sorryto hijack the thread; I can't use PVP either.

How are you liking the new formulations without the PVP? How is the hold these days? I need a good strong hold and was wanting to try Ecostyler this summer when I can handle the glycerin, but can't find a lot of info an hoe anyone is liking the new formulations without the PVP.

Thanks!
    Smorgasbord of finer, porous 2a-3a; straight underlayer

:thumbleft: collagen
    :thumbdown: humectants outside of optimal dews, PVP, oils/butters, anything remotely comedogenic

poos: Giovanni TTT, WF365FF, Suave Clarifying
    condishes: VO5 VMT, KLS; IonEC
    stylers: FSG, 4NSBCC, VolumaxMega, AIF, GFPC

Mod CG since 11/2012. My waves occasionally look best when combed out, so you can pry my combs from my cold, dead hands :laughing6:
    CurlyMan82 wrote: »

What custard? The kinky curly custard? Yeah, that didn't go well with me too. This is different. It's like a cream. Just a little thicker than some of the shea moisture products. Applies easily.

There is an Ecocustard but I was confused on whether I used the custard or the cocktail. It was the cocktail I tried and didn't like because of the pvp.

http://www.amazon.com/Eco-Style-Custard-Argan-Oil/dp/B00CID8PS6
    SpiralHam wrote: »

Sorryto hijack the thread; I can't use PVP either.

How are you liking the new formulations without the PVP? How is the hold these days? I need a good strong hold and was wanting to try Ecostyler this summer when I can handle the glycerin, but can't find a lot of info an hoe anyone is liking the new formulations without the PVP.

Thanks!

The PVP free version of Ecostyler works well for me. Before I had to wash the next day if I used Ecostyler because of the buildup and dryness. only argon and olive are pvp free and read the back to be sure it's not an old cvontainer. The only thing is I find my hair needs periodic breaks from it because of the hydrolized protein. Wetline is pvp and protein free but I do like Eco a little better. Eco can be funky with certain li but I use Tresemme and never had a problem. I also saw some recipes where people mix it with oil and make a custard. HTH
  • SpiralHamSpiralHam Posts: 477Registered Users
    Thanks, that's really helpful! PVP makes my hair instantly frizzy, bleh.

I was hoping the Krystal had been reformulated, alas! maybe I'll have to try the Argan, Olive might be a little heavy for me. I have zero issues with most proteins, in fact my hair likes it for breakfast lunch and dinner. I'm looking for wheat proteins right now, I think my hair is responding well to it.

I'll be on the lookout for the little containers... 8-) I appreciate your feedback!!
    Smorgasbord of finer, porous 2a-3a; straight underlayer

:thumbleft: collagen
    :thumbdown: humectants outside of optimal dews, PVP, oils/butters, anything remotely comedogenic

poos: Giovanni TTT, WF365FF, Suave Clarifying
    condishes: VO5 VMT, KLS; IonEC
    stylers: FSG, 4NSBCC, VolumaxMega, AIF, GFPC

Mod CG since 11/2012. My waves occasionally look best when combed out, so you can pry my combs from my cold, dead hands :laughing6:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file