Giovanni 50 50 clarify shampoo?

SherrilenettSherrilenett Registered Users Posts: 27
Hi there, is this CG friendly? It is the hydrating-clarifying shampoo. Bought it at TJ Max for $12.99. It is a huge 33.8 oz. and says it is sulfate free. I have been using for two years a shampoo bar (Chargin Valley or my own) and am thinking to give them a break and try a co-wash routine instead to see if there is a difference. My waves got into a funk where nothing worked so I have switched to SM products (which my hair loves) but I used the 50 50 just to clarify any build up. My hair feels and looks good again. I searched and searched for the 50 50 shampoo thread but could only find info on the cond!
Thank you in advance for your help!

Comments

• SereneCurlsSereneCurls Registered Users Posts: 1,145 Curl Neophyte
    Yes, the 50/50 is a decent sulfate free choice for dealing with buildup, though I think it would be pretty drying if you decided to use it with every wash. Your plan to co-wash and use this in between when you need it is exactly how I use it.
    3a, dense, fairly coarse, normal porosity and elasticity, just below shoulder
    Low poo: Giovanni 50 50
    Co-wash: aia, suave coconut, salon care
    R O: Tresume Naturals, gvpcb
    L I: KCKT, gvpcb
    Stylers: cjpp, re : coil, kccc, brhg
    Oils: coconut, argan
    Experimenting with: curls rock amplifier, pantene mousse
  • SherrilenettSherrilenett Registered Users Posts: 27
    Oh thank you Serene Curls and Claudine 191, do you bot do the squish to condish method?
    Normally I would wash with a shampoo bar then add Tresseme Naturals conditioner or ACV rinse to my hair. But now I have been doing SM coconut Hibiscus co-wash then SM curl and shine conditioner and finishing with As I Am leave in Condish (a very tiny dime size) then cup my hands with water and squeeze a few hand fulls of water into my hair. I finish with LA Looks blue gel but I have noticed it seams as though with this method I might need to use more gel? My wave was wonderfully soft and got lots of spiral curls under my hair near my neck but just seamed a tad frizzy like either not enough gel or to much moisture?
  • claudine191claudine191 Registered Users Posts: 8,221 Curl Connoisseur
    Oh, my — I am far too lazy to do all that. Also I'm just a 2a-b, so nothing is going to give me that much wave or curl.
    I apply my leave in to soaking wet hair, then scrunch out some of the water before applying my stylers. If I read your post correctly, your leave in and gel are the same but your cleanser and conditioner are new? If I got that right, have you ever co-washed with something other than the SM? Do you get the frizz after your washes with the Giovanni as well? It's just a guess, but I've read about the SM causing frizz for some people. If your leave in and gel are new as well, then it could be one of them causing the frizz, or just a matter of needing to play with your gel application technique. Change things one at a time if you want to figure out what the issue is, you can post your results here if you like in case others have ideas and input too.
  • NvmbrCurlssNvmbrCurlss Registered Users Posts: 732 Curl Neophyte
    Love 50/50! Cleansing, not drying and smells quite light☺️ I'm a lowpoower, btw...

3B, Fine, Med D, Normal P & E

NoP: Giovanni 50/50
    RO/LI: DevaOneCondition
    Styler: DevaLight Gel
    Refresher: SheaMoisture Milk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B, Fine, Normal P, Normal E, Low-Med D
    LowP: Kinky Curly Come Clean (50% EVOO)
    NoP: As I Am CC
    RO: Suave Coconut, VO5 Shea Cashmere
    LI: KCKT or CJBCLI or HETT/HENOYF (w/ 8 drops GSO)

"To much is given, much is expected"
    Yes thank you SereneCurls, because I stopped using the shampoo bars I have my co wash conditioner and was trying to do the squish to condish method. I think I really need to up my gel but you could be right it might just be the SM and I so hope it is not because I have like 5 or 6 bottles of it.=/
    I have only co-washed one time two days ago. I just made the switch recently. And I used the 50 50 on the same day before my co-wash. So my whole entire routine is new because for the most part I was washing every three days with a shampoo bar the ACV rinse. My hair was looking bad like I was going bald or something. Been like that for about six month, Hair stringy and flat with no bounce. Pic taken in November on Thanksgiving
    This pic was taken when I first stopped using shampoo and went all natural. Which I though was CG but I guess is technically modified CG. Pic taken March 2013 I used shampoo bar, Tresseme Natural condish and plopped my hair then defused!
    Sorry I did not know I could add multiple pics to one reply. Pics of my hair now, picture in the blue top is from just after my very first co-wash!
    Yeah, it can be a bit challenging when you're starting from scratch. You could try experimenting with techniques to see if anything helps reduce the frizz. I'd probably start with adding more gel if you're going to continue the squish to condish, your hair might have too much water in the water to gel ratio. You could also try squeezing more water out of your hair before applying the gel, either by scrunching or blotting with a microfiber towel or a cotton shirt. Just a couple thoughts.
    Yeah, it can be a bit challenging when you're starting from scratch. You could try experimenting with techniques to see if anything helps reduce the frizz. I'd probably start with adding more gel if you're going to continue the squish to condish, your hair might have too much water in the water to gel ratio. You could also try squeezing more water out of your hair before applying the gel, either by scrunching or blotting with a microfiber towel or a cotton shirt. Just a couple thoughts.

Thank you for all your help I bet your right on the water gel ratio. I will try that!=]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file