Any Fringe Fans?

PipRosiPipRosi Registered Users Posts: 44 Curl Novice
I know this is petty but I've been watching Fringe on Netflix and... my curly girl Astrid?.. I don't know what those stylists are doing to her! I know she has lovely curls but they're mashed into a weird helmet on top of her head that does NOT flatter her face. Every time she's on screen I want to reach in and tease out her hair into a more flattering shape!

Maybe they're trying (and totally failing) to give her some kinda fro?

Okay thanks for letting me vent in the only place that might understand lol

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    I felt the same way when I watched that series. Sometimes her hair was really cute but that was rare. It's the same when she is on Scandal.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • PipRosiPipRosi Registered Users Posts: 44 Curl Novice
    Ah! I will look out for one of her good days then!

Scandal is on my list to check out too. I will brace myself for more inexplicable helmet head curl failure! :scratch:
  • SereneCurlsSereneCurls Registered Users Posts: 1,145 Curl Neophyte
    I have to jump in and profess my undying love for Fringe! But you're right, Astrid's poor hair.
    3a, dense, fairly coarse, normal porosity and elasticity, just below shoulder
    Low poo: Giovanni 50 50
    Co-wash: aia, suave coconut, salon care
    R O: Tresume Naturals, gvpcb
    L I: KCKT, gvpcb
    Stylers: cjpp, re : coil, kccc, brhg
    Oils: coconut, argan
    Experimenting with: curls rock amplifier, pantene mousse
  • susancnwsusancnw Registered Users Posts: 1,374 Curl Novice
    Are we talking about Astro? ;) loved her character, she was so sweeand patient with Walter. We loved all the variations on her name. A yes, I wish they had done her hair properly.
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file