Questions about DevaCurl products

Parisfrance137Parisfrance137 Posts: 23Registered Users
So I just got the travel size pack of DevaCurl products over the weekend to try them out. It included the DevaCurl No-Poo Conditioner, DevaCurl One Conditioner, DevaCurl Light Defining Gel, and DevaCurl 24 Hour Moisture Spray. Personally, I found that the "Light Defining Gel" was not heavy enough and left my hair flat. Also, the "24 Hour Moisture Spray" made the top of my hair greasy with white spots near the scalp. Has anyone experimented with the DevaCurl products and have any suggestions for me? I know these are a bit pricy but I'm just not sure which products are best for us wavies.

Comments

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    So I just got the travel size pack of DevaCurl products over the weekend to try them out. It included the DevaCurl No-Poo Conditioner, DevaCurl One Conditioner, DevaCurl Light Defining Gel, and DevaCurl 24 Hour Moisture Spray. Personally, I found that the "Light Defining Gel" was not heavy enough and left my hair flat. Also, the "24 Hour Moisture Spray" made the top of my hair greasy with white spots near the scalp. Has anyone experimented with the DevaCurl products and have any suggestions for me? I know these are a bit pricy but I'm just not sure which products are best for us wavies.

I have never seen that spray! Yeah, I have yet to make that Defining gel work. Most people (most, not all) like the One C but there are others out there that cost less. I can't use no-poo very much.

Do you mean which Deva products wavies like?
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • Flower823Flower823 Posts: 39Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Check out there Facebook page they do Q&A on wed

Sent from my LG-D850 using CurlTalk App
  • Parisfrance137Parisfrance137 Posts: 23Registered Users
    Maybe you could tell me some products that you prefer to use? That would be extremely helpful for me! I feel like I have spent so much money on different products just to find one that works. I've literally tried everything from shea butters (too heavy) to foams or gels. This morning I tried one of those protein conditioners, you know the ones that come in a little packet. It certainly made my hair soft, still a little frizzy, but the foam I used in my hair didn't give me much "oomph". I feel like I'm always doing something wrong! Basically I get out of the shower, scrunch the product in my hair, use a cotton t-shirt to get some of the water out, and then let my hair air-dry as much as I can. Since I live in New England, it is tough because right now we're still experiencing winter so it's very cold every day. I wouldn't mind trying some cheaper products, I just don't know where to start. Once I go to a Walgreens or Rite Aid, my mind starts spinning because there's so many products to look at!!
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have to tell you hands down Oscar Blandi Hair Lift Mousse is my favorite that mousse would work on anyone. I love Camille Rose CurlMaker and I live Volumax Mega at Sally's but they are discontinuing so next up is Biosilk Rock Hard gel. IMO that's the trifecta for me. There are other products I like but right now those three top the list. I also love Tressemme Perfectly Undone conditioner. I use it as rinse out and Leave In. I like their Sea Foam with hard hold gel over it but the Oscar Blandi still outperforms every mousse or foam I've tried by miles.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Never used product until I started lurking on nc.com. I started out as a winter wavy/summer 3a. Once I learned about my hair and what it liked as far as ingredients and technique, it looks like my signature picture all year around. Many of us start out with Deva, think we like it and then move on to other products we like better.

Curl type is relatively unimportant because it's transient depending on weather, product, technique, etc. The best way to choose ingredients/products is by hair properties. Here's a link to help you with yours Curly Hair Basics | Live Curly Live Free Once you determine your properties, you can look for others with similar hair and see what they use. It's a good place to start.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurlyShorty3405CurlyShorty3405 Posts: 196Registered Users
    I live in New England too so I've been experiencing the same thing as you in terms of hair not really cooperating with the weather. The products are pricy but I've fell in love with a bunch of Living Proof products that have worked really well with my hair, and my hair loves them. I tried the DevaCurl products that you listed and the products made my hair break like I've never seen before.
    Maybe you could tell me some products that you prefer to use? That would be extremely helpful for me! I feel like I have spent so much money on different products just to find one that works. I've literally tried everything from shea butters (too heavy) to foams or gels. This morning I tried one of those protein conditioners, you know the ones that come in a little packet. It certainly made my hair soft, still a little frizzy, but the foam I used in my hair didn't give me much "oomph". I feel like I'm always doing something wrong! Basically I get out of the shower, scrunch the product in my hair, use a cotton t-shirt to get some of the water out, and then let my hair air-dry as much as I can. Since I live in New England, it is tough because right now we're still experiencing winter so it's very cold every day. I wouldn't mind trying some cheaper products, I just don't know where to start. Once I go to a Walgreens or Rite Aid, my mind starts spinning because there's so many products to look at!!

Sent from my 831C using CurlTalk App
    2B-2C Density-Medium/High Width-medium Length-Medium

LoPoo: Onesta Hydrating Shampoo
    CoWash: LP Curl Conditioning Wash
    ROs: Onesta Hydrating Conditioner, LP Curl Detangling Rinse
    Weekly DC: LP Restore Mask Treatment
    Leave in: LP Restore Targeted Repair Cream
    Stylers: (in application order): LP Prime Style Extender Cream, LI, LP Curl Defining Style Cream, LP No Frizz Weightless Styling Spray, LP PHD Night Cap
    Sealer: Body Shop Olive Oil/Body Shop Argan Oil/Josie Maran Argan Oil
  • BlimundaBlimunda Posts: 23Registered Users
    I've been using the Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel and it's not working for me anymore. It leaves my hair flat, doesn't define or hold anything and it gives me frizz. It's the only DC product I've tried

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file