Do naturals shed more?

beingnaturalbeingnatural Posts: 18Registered Users
I am currently transitioning ( a short while) and have been finding hair everywhere. And its not an entire strand where there's a small curly part and then a long relaxed part....its just short hair that is entire curly. And its not hair from detangling. So I wonder...do naturals shed more?

Comments

• adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Not necessarily the case but there's a good chance what you're seeing is actually the aftermath of breakage. It's extremely common while transitioning because the LOD is very weak. If you hair was shedding without breaking then you should have seen the straight and the curly sections on the strands. If the straight already broke off it could then compromise the health of rest of the strand because splits might travel up it. If you have breakage, it depends on how bad it is as to what I would suggest. This is strictly MY PERSONAL OPINION but I think if there is extreme excessive breakage it's better to get a hair cut and a clean slate.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • beingnaturalbeingnatural Posts: 18Registered Users
    Thanks.
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've noticed I shed A LOT less than when I was straightening. Honestly, you'd find my hair everywhere back in those days lol. I think my shed hair gets caught up in my curls now, so it only 'falls out' when I'm washing
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list