Dominican Hair Products

CurlyQTPieCurlyQTPie Posts: 447Registered Users
Just wondering if any of you guys use any Dominican hair products. I have been lurking on some of the other hair boards that are primarly for women of color with curly/kinky hair and the women are raving about Dominican products, although most don't seem to be CG.

If you use Dominican products that are CG or modified CG what do you use?
3B with some 3a. Fell off but am now back on the CG bandwagon and looking for my HG products.

Comments

• suthrnqtsuthrnqt Posts: 80Registered Users
    is that a brand? i've seen some threads on the boards that mention dominican salons and blowouts, but i'm not familiar with them. i'm curious about that too. i hope you get some replies to this thread.
    4a/b with a patch of 3c
    OS - fine strands, wiry texture
    big and thick beautiful hair :)
    http://public.fotki.com/suthrnqt/
    password: growout
    blog: http://suthrnqt.spaces.live.com/
  • life's hard for a curllife's hard for a curl Posts: 89Registered Users
    I might be wrong but as far as I know I don't think that is a brand just a way of referring to certain products.
    I am a 3c reformed product junkie thanks to the economy.

I lurk a lot, I change my hair color a lot. It's currently black and bsl when wet and beyond my shoulders still when dry.

Now I will stop procrastinating and get back to what I was supposed to be doing before I got on here.

Any questions?
  • Arie1014Arie1014 Posts: 2Registered Users
    It's not a brand... lol... it's a country. Dominincan Republic.... they are know for their hair salons, products, and methods. Dominicans know how to deal with ANY type of hair and can blow dry the mess out of any head. They are amazing at what they do... if you go to any of their salon, I almost guarantee you that you won't be disappointed. Also, their hair products are really good too. People from the Dominican Republic have mixed hair... so they are really good with hair. Trust me, I've never experienced anything like it.
  • suthrnqtsuthrnqt Posts: 80Registered Users
    i know it's a country, but people say the salons use certain products. you mentioned in your post thay they are known for their products. do you know the name of any of the products they use?

i'm also wondering if the blowdrying is damaging to the hair.
    4a/b with a patch of 3c
    OS - fine strands, wiry texture
    big and thick beautiful hair :)
    http://public.fotki.com/suthrnqt/
    password: growout
    blog: http://suthrnqt.spaces.live.com/
  • CurlyQTPieCurlyQTPie Posts: 447Registered Users
    suthrnqt wrote:
    i know it's a country, but people say the salons use certain products. you mentioned in your post thay they are known for their products. do you know the name of any of the products they use?

i'm also wondering if the blowdrying is damaging to the hair.

Products they use (which I have not tried and are not very CG friendly), include Salerm 21, Emergencia 911, Lacio Lacio, Silicon Mix (obviously with silicone! LOL), 10 en 1. These are just some of the ones raved about. They can be found places like this: roundbrushhair.com, however most are NOT CG approved and not all are actually Dominican, but rather are staples in the Dominican salons.

And, yes, blowdrying is totally bad for the hair. I mean, they use high heat and pull very hard, but I guess it's no worse than flat ironing or anything else that curlies do to get straight.

I only found one thing that seemed interesting (or CG anyway) and it contained silk worm for the protein. :lol: I'm not doing protein, so I passed. :lol: My all time favorite was the wale sperm shampoo!

If anyone has tried any Dominican products, what did you use? Was it CG? Thanks!
    3B with some 3a. Fell off but am now back on the CG bandwagon and looking for my HG products.
  • foxycus02foxycus02 Posts: 918Registered Users
    Umm, I'm Dominican. The products you mentioned are mostly leave ins. For deep treatment theres a million people swear by and some specific brands like LaFier and I cant think of the other one. Every year a new condish comes out that its supposed to be the ish. This year its called La Bomba (the bomb) and it is the bomb LOL. I gave it to my bf's mother who used cholesterol and she LOOOVES IT. Other popular ones are the Wheat germ, Avocado, Honey, 10 en 1. It all depends what youre looking for. You can def find them in urban beauty supplies. Where are you located? they have them like in every beauty supply in nyc. The best thing about them is that theyre affordable too.

rockin' to the tune of her own beat...

comic-p.jpg
  • islandcurlsislandcurls Posts: 70Registered Users
    www.sickbay.biz has dominican products and the best prices I've seen.
    Thick 3c/4a
    :sunny: Goal: BSL curls!
    DevaCurl One C, Biotera Styling Gel, unrefined Shea butter, Honey, EVOO, Coconut oil, ACV rinses
  • Mya_wannaBeMya_wannaBe Posts: 141Registered Users
    there is a website called roundbrush.com and i plan on ordering some products from them when i take my braids out, one of the ladies recommended* me the 11n1 products! hth and i hardly ever use heat on my hair and dont plan on it for a long time!
    http://public.fotki.com/Romeosgirl81
    pw:mohair
    Staples:blob7:
    * con detangling poo.
    * giovanni direct LIC.
    * giovanni SAS con.
    * Fantasia IC gel (green)
    * coconut oil. (HG)
    * alma oil.
    * amla powder
    * shikakai powder.(HG)
    * Shea butter.
    * Lustrasilk shea butter and mango cholestrol.(HG)
    CHL:10.5 to 14.5 inches long
    GHL: 14-15 inches all around!
    Hair type:4a/ with some 4b
    Transitioning again with no BC!
    21 weeks post relaxer!:toothy7:
  • growingitlonggrowingitlong Posts: 122Registered Users
    there is a website called roundbrush.com and i plan on ordering some products from them when i take my braids out, one of the ladies recommended* me the 11n1 products! hth and i hardly ever use heat on my hair and dont plan on it for a long time!

hi there,

could you post your thoughts on the products once you have gotten a chance to use them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file