Does this happen to anyone else???

zwavyzwavy Posts: 30Registered Users
I'm not saying this is necessarily a bad thing, but does anyone else's hair seem a lot more straight the day/day after you wash your hair than the day before you have to wash it again? I end up with way more wave by the time of my next wash. I don't know why this happens! I use more gel right after I get out of the shower than any other day between washes.
2a/2b fine(ish) waves with low porosity and medium thickness.
Current shampoo (I switch it up a lot): Attitude Volume and Shine
Current conditioner (also switch up a lot): Attitude Volume and Shine (about to change to Giovanni for more moisture)
Gel: LA Looks Sport Gel
Cream: OGX Moroccan Curling Perfection
Leave-in: Nexxus Hydra-Light Weightless Moisture
I usually mix the cream/leave-in and the gel so that I have not as strong of a hold.

Comments

• pualakoalapualakoala Posts: 15Registered Users
    zwavy wrote: »
    I'm not saying this is necessarily a bad thing, but does anyone else's hair seem a lot more straight the day/day after you wash your hair than the day before you have to wash it again? I end up with way more wave by the time of my next wash. I don't know why this happens! I use more gel right after I get out of the shower than any other day between washes.

Yeah, I have the same problem. I thought it was just that I had a looser curl pattern, but a couple days ago I got my hair blow dried after a hair cut and it got super curly a couple hours later (like it normally does on my wash days).The next day I woke up and the curls at the top of my head were practically straight (like 2a). My hair is like a 2c/3a on my wash days.

I think it might be that I use a lot of conditioner on my wash days and then my hair looses moisture the following days. I got highlights in the top section of my hair, plus that's the most exposed to environmental stress so it would make sense that that area would lose moisture faster.
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    If you don't refresh in between, then your curls will be pulled out during sleep. If you do refresh and are noticing this, it's probably due to the use of humectants in the wrong dew points.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • zwavyzwavy Posts: 30Registered Users
    sixelamy wrote: »
    If you don't refresh in between, then your curls will be pulled out during sleep. If you do refresh and are noticing this, it's probably due to the use of humectants in the wrong dew points.

I do refresh my hair every morning, and it looks perfectly fine when i refresh it. The only issue I have is when I air dry it right after I wash it and the day after, it falls flat. The days after this, it looks fine! I have no idea how to fix it.
    Current conditioner (also switch up a lot): Attitude Volume and Shine (about to change to Giovanni for more moisture)
    I usually mix the cream/leave-in and the gel so that I have not as strong of a hold.
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Could be the products you're using are weighing your hair down, so as the days go on and the products wear off/your hair drinks them up, your hair begins to shrink up/curl more.

What products do you use? What's your hair type?
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • zwavyzwavy Posts: 30Registered Users
    It's hard to determine a single hair type for my hair since it varies so much from day to day, and I'm transitioning from heat styling every day, but I'd say it ranges from 2a-2b. Right now I'm using DevaCurl Low Poo and VERY LITTLE Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner when I'm in the shower so it doesn't weigh my hair down. For styling, I usually mix a little bit of Giovanni 2chic Cherry Blossom and Rose Petals Leave-In and LA Looks Extreme Sport Gel (I don't think these are necessarily CG approved but they work for my hair and don't cause any problems).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file