Rose Hip Oil

MochaQuartzMochaQuartz Posts: 7Registered Users
I've been using rose hip oil as an intense moisturizer for my face and neck, and I've noticed it has strengthened my brows and lashes.

A few years ago, I worked with heavy chemicals for about a year, and almost all the hair on my face fell off and grew back thinner and weak. Even all these years later, my eyebrows and lashes are much better, but still fall off at much more of a faster rate than before the chemical job, and I have small bald spots occasionally as a result.

But there hasn't been any breakage whatsoever since I've been using the rose hip oil. The hairs on my brows and eyelashes are thicker. Before the chemicals, I never needed an eyelash curler. Then they became straight and brittle. Now they are curling again!

It makes me excited to think of what rose hip oil could do for the hairs on my head. It would be hella expensive to use regularly, but last night I massaged 6 drops into my scalp. We shall see!
Mix of 3A, 3B, and 3C. Extra fine and fragile. Medium porosity. Craves protein. Back on the CG wagon after nearly four years!:coffee2:

Comments

• chickittenchickitten Posts: 90Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Wow thats awesome! Glad to hear that your lashes and brows are responding so well to the oil even after such exposure :-). I've been curious about rose hip oil for awhile now as an alternative to coconut oil and other common oils (long story short, I want to avoid oils with high oleic acid compositions), where do you purchase yours?

Please keep us updated on how your scalp reacts with the rose hip oil. Also, if you have any before/after pictures of your brows/lashes that you would like to share, please post if possible (if you can't, no worries) =)
    :cat:
    2C/3A. med-high porosity. waist length. balayaged. LI - Curl Keeper - G.:duckie:
    My Faves
    [*]S: SM ABS. SM Manuka Honey. Ouidad Superfruit Clarifying[*]Condish: GVP Cond. Balm
    [*]Gel: CURL KEEPER! (alone or under the following:), LA LOOKS Sport/Mega
    [*]Cream: SM CES
    [*]LI: As I Am LI
    [*] PT: Aphogee 2-step (1x Month), ION EC (discont.)
  • MochaQuartzMochaQuartz Posts: 7Registered Users
    Will do! I don't have any before photos, unfortunately (I usually have mascara and filler on!) but I'll take them now and hopefully it will continue to work and I'll have some after photos to show in a few weeks.

The oil I use is from Amazon, by VoilaVe. $14 for one oz- like I said, pricey (for the amount) but it's top quality and organic and you don't need much at all to cover a lot of surface area.

I, too, was interested in replacing coconut oil. I have so many smell aversions right now and coconut (even the soft oil smell) is up there on my no-list right now.

Will keep you updated!
    Mix of 3A, 3B, and 3C. Extra fine and fragile. Medium porosity. Craves protein. Back on the CG wagon after nearly four years!:coffee2:
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    There's another thread where oils have been discussed and hosehips came up as an anti aging oil http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/over-40/175766-facial-cleanser.html

I buy most of my oils at SheaTerra They frequently have a 30% off coupon. Just sign up for their newsletter.

Dr. Adorable was also mentioned as a place to buy oils. Some of their prices are really good and folks have reported the quality is, too. They sell on esty and ebay.

I lost a lot of eyelashes from a medication I took. I'm going to try the rosehips to see if they help them grow back.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i buy rose hip seed oil at whole foods.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • MochaQuartzMochaQuartz Posts: 7Registered Users
    thanks for the tips kathymack (hope it helps your lashes, too!) & rbb! I will sign up for the newsletter and keep my eyes open next time I shop at Whole Foods. Would be awesome if I could find somewhat of a better deal so I can use the oil more regularly.
    thanks for the tips kathymack (hope it helps your lashes, too!) & rbb! I will sign up for the newsletter and keep my eyes open next time I shop at Whole Foods. Would be awesome if I could find somewhat of a better deal so I can use the oil more regularly.

I had to take down the links. FYI, the esty store is under KESSIL2000.
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Rosehip seed oil is amazing stuff! I used to use it on my face at night (though I don't have dry skin). It felt great. Though lately I've been using a product on my face called wrinkle butter which is amazing and softens my skin like nothing else…. but I feel that, especially when I get older, I will be layering rosehip seed oil on top of that. It is a great moisturizer. I lost a lot of hair, so maybe I should try rubbing a little rosehip seed oil on my scalp. Thanks for the tip. Glad to hear it's helping you.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Rosehip is the only oil I can leave on my face and not break out. I use it after washing and moisturizing
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
    Wanted to report back on the rosehips seed oil and my eyelashes. Yesterday, while putting on mascara, I noticed little tiny lashes where I've had none for years. I'm starting to get into essential oils and they say rosehips is great for skin. I'm going to use it as my "carrier oil" for skin soft synergy.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't have any wrinkles but when I don't get enough sleep I get a little under eye bag. Rose Hip oil helps this for me in a shorter time.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    I just bought some of this, been wanting to buy some for a while but didn't know where to get it. It leaves my face feeling nice. Since I stopped my BCP my face has been suuuuuper oily - seems to have helped with that. I'm excited for any anti-aging benefits down the line :)
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights