Intensive protein treatments/conditioners?

ChocipChocip Registered Users Posts: 8
Hi,

So I've been a long time lurker here and you guys have really helped me get to grips with my hair. I'm at the point now where I know what my hair likes and doesn't like but I've realised that I've been over moisturising.

I've noticed that when I detangle my hair stretches and it just feels bad? I can't really describe it but I know I need to change this. I've heard that this as well the hair feeling gummy (which I'm also experiencing) is a tell tale sign of over moisturising and so I want to get some more protein into my hair. Does anyone have suggestions on good intense protein treatments?

I've heard of aphogee two-step which I can get easily but I've read a lot of good and bad reviews so I'm a bit wary lol. I've also heard of Joico k-pak which seems quite good but not easily sourced in London from what I've seen. So any suggestions?

Comments

• AfromuffinAfromuffin Registered Users Posts: 158
    Naptural85 has a protein treatment recipe!
    I personally don't like protein on my hair, greek yogurt, coconut milk, and coconut oil make my hair hair. Coconut oil doesnt have protein but the others do I believe. But thats if you want to go the natural route
  • ChocipChocip Registered Users Posts: 8
    Afromuffin wrote: »
    Naptural85 has a protein treatment recipe!
    I personally don't like protein on my hair, greek yogurt, coconut milk, and coconut oil make my hair hair. Coconut oil doesnt have protein but the others do I believe. But thats if you want to go the natural route

Thanks for letting me know! I have no issue with going the natural route, I just didn't really know what to mix together but this is a good starting point! Thank you :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file