Morning help!

curlyhairmomcurlyhairmom Registered Users Posts: 1
I have no clue how to take care of curly hair. I have an almost 2 year old with really curly hair. I think it is a 3?? They are ringlets and fairly tight. She is white/hispanic. Her hair in the morning is a clumpy mess. I have a detangler- Original Sprout Miracle Detangler. I haven't been too fond of it. Everything I have been reading is to use a comb versus a brush in her hair, but it is a mess and I'm not sure a comb could get through it. Please help with suggestions on how to tame (and manage) her hair!!!

Comments

• SpiralHamSpiralHam Registered Users Posts: 477
    You might try a simple spray bottle with a small amount of conditioner in it, and then to run through dampened hair with a wide tooth comb first (ends first then move upwards) before you try any other finer toothed combs or tangle teezer type combs or brushes.

If her hair is long enough and she is amenable to it, you could also try pulling it back at night into a ponytail, or having her sleep on a silk or satin pillowcase.

Good luck - kids are such restless sleepers!
    Smorgasbord of finer, porous 2a-3a; straight underlayer

:thumbleft: collagen
    :thumbdown: humectants outside of optimal dews, PVP, oils/butters, anything remotely comedogenic

poos: Giovanni TTT, WF365FF, Suave Clarifying
    condishes: VO5 VMT, KLS; IonEC
    stylers: FSG, 4NSBCC, VolumaxMega, AIF, GFPC

Mod CG since 11/2012. My waves occasionally look best when combed out, so you can pry my combs from my cold, dead hands :laughing6:
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Registered Users Posts: 2,075 Curl Neophyte
    I have no clue how to take care of curly hair. I have an almost 2 year old with really curly hair. I think it is a 3?? They are ringlets and fairly tight. She is white/hispanic. Her hair in the morning is a clumpy mess. I have a detangler- Original Sprout Miracle Detangler. I haven't been too fond of it. Everything I have been reading is to use a comb versus a brush in her hair, but it is a mess and I'm not sure a comb could get through it. Please help with suggestions on how to tame (and manage) her hair!!!

What shampoo and conditioner do you use? Do you use a styler?

You should only detangle curly hair when it's wet in the shower with the conditioner in it. This makes things so much easier and avoid you ripping/tearing at the hair. You can use a widetooth comb, or even just your fingers.
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list