Hi

OpraleOprale Registered Users Posts: 18
So I just subscribed :)
I'm 18, I love arts and learning. I absolutely love all the useful information & tips I can find about curly hairs on this site.

About my 3b/3c curls, their texture changed twice. They were curly until I was 3: they became so tangled my parents decided to shave them and they've regrown straight until I was 12/13. They also were platinium blonde, and everyone I met used to tell me how pretty they thaught my hairs were... But when I hit puberty, they became darker and started to curl. I don't remember how it happened really well, I feel like one week they were straight and the other they were curly.

I didn't knew how to take care of them and I had never used a flat iron. I made every mistake a curly girl could make. I received a lot of mean comments and was very ashamed... Then I learnt how to straigthen them correctly and everything went okay for 3-4 years. But it felt like '' meh '' . So unnatural, time consuming and just '' not me '' . I did not do it to feel pretty, I did it to avoid critics.

I slowly started taking more and more care of them in january :) They went through a lot: frequent straightening, bleach, colorations, and a bad cut... I'm thinking about bleaching them one last time to make them the same color as my roots, and cutting the split ends for a fresh start :)

And that's it ! Thank you for existing, community of naturallycurly xD Because of you, I feel like I can rock those curls ;)

Comments

• sarahmr12268sarahmr12268 Registered Users Posts: 10 Curl Neophyte
    Hi! I'm a new too, and I just want to say welcome!:smile:
    medium-high density, normal porosity/ high at ends, medium width, normal elasticity, color-treated, unsure of curl type
    CW: suave naturals\ Vo5 kiwi lime squeeze
    LP: giavanni tttt
    RO: Tresemme Naturals
    LI/Styler: SM smoothie
    Gel:KCCC
    SOTC: grapeseed oil \ argan oil
  • OpraleOprale Registered Users Posts: 18
    Thank you ! ^^
  • ReservechicReservechic Registered Users Posts: 798
    Welcome and I wish you all the best with your curls! :toothy4:
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file