CurlTalk

Fit-conscious curly and co-washing?

malobeemalobee Posts: 41Registered Users
Hi everyone. I have been doing CG for almost a month now, and one thing I am finding is that I feel like I need to cowash every day to scrub my scalp after sometimes 2 hours of activity. Most people espouse the practice of only couching twice a week, etc. and I am wondering if any of you other fitness minded curlies have trouble with the idea of leaving sweat and grime from running outdoors hanging out on your head. :-P

Do any of you cowash every day? Is that still CG, or more modified? How do you manage staying fresh and also staying active as a curly?
Began: February 25, 2015 2C, Fine, Normal Porosity/Elesticity, Medium Density, Low Dew

Cleanse: DevaCurl Lo Poo
CO: DevaCurl No Poo
RO: Tresemme Naturals Moisture
LI: Tresemme Naturals Moisture
Styling: Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel, plopping, diffuse

:thumbdown: : KCCC (seriously I have never hated a styling product more!)
:thumbright: : Coconut Oil

Comments

• knitapeaceknitapeace Posts: 44Registered Users
    I don't do cardio every day, so on strength days I'm ok not wetting my head. A lavender spray helps refresh my hair and scalp and smells really nice too. I guess if I ran outside every day I'd want to at least water wash every time too.
    2B/2C for the most part, dense, coarse, porous, NEVER SHINY!!!! :angry1:
    Loving my new pixie cut!
    Gracefully going grey
  • BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users
    If I do any form of cardio then I have to get the sweat of my scalp. (At the moment some of my runs are 2+ hours.)

I have visible dry sweat on my face and neck so I will obviously have some on my scalp skin. I actually use a sulphate-free shampoo as well as needed.

One thing you can do is when possible do a overnight pre-poo of a penetrating oil to combat any dryness.

In theory if you put the right amount of oil on your hair it should be absorbed before you start exercising but as I don't always sleep for 8 hours, exercise in the morning, sweat a lot and oil have caused acne in the past I tend to use it on rest day(s) and strength day.
  • DrRachDrRach Posts: 264Registered Users
    I absolutely have to at least rinse with water after cardio. I limit no poo to twice a week max and just rinse with water the other sessions.
    3 b Baby fine, Low density, high porosity, naturally pale blonde. And a UK Curly Girl:thumbleft:
    No/Low Poo: Palmers Olive Oil Cowash
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    DT/PT: CJ Repair Me!, SM Fruit Fusion
    Stylers: LUS Curly 3in1 leave in