heat rash???

ultracurlzultracurlz Posts: 213Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I think I have heat rash- I just moved from PA to AZ and after about a week all these little red itchy bumps started appearing out of nowhere. They look like bug bites but aren't as itchy? and they aren't clumped together, just one or two here, four there, and it's mostly on my arms and hands from the elbow down.

Can anyone tell me if it is heat rash and if so how to deal with it?:dontknow:
3C/4A mix (Seriously it's all over the place)
Hair is kinda fine and kinda thick.
Super short, I'd like definition but styling products don't like me

Profile pic taken the February 2015
Chopped off (was shoulder length) November 2014

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    To me, it sounds like an allergy or bug bites. I only mention the bites because they are only a few in multiple places. I'm allergic to the sun, especially when I'm somewhere that it's stronger (FL for instance.) Although my face may be what's exposed, I'll get the rash on my chest and upper arms.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ultracurlzultracurlz Posts: 213Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hmmm. I've never been allergic to anything so I don't know what could be causing it. I really hope it isn't bugs. I've checked my bed but there's nothing there? There's no fleas, no bed bugs, and no flying bugs anywhere in this apartment so I'm going to assume it's not that.

And they suddenly doubled over night. It started on my hands then slowly made it's way up my arms and now it's starting on my feet. I don't even know anymore. I would say it's from the new detergent I used when I washed my clothes but it's not anywhere near my clothes. Only the skin that isn't covered. Not using any new products or soap besides that.

My first guess would be the detergent. I guess. But nothings ever bothered me before so?

If it helps the bumps tend to cluster in lines. Dunno what that's about.
    3C/4A mix (Seriously it's all over the place)
    Hair is kinda fine and kinda thick.
    Super short, I'd like definition but styling products don't like me

Profile pic taken the February 2015
    Chopped off (was shoulder length) November 2014
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I get heat rash on my face in very warm weather, and it is also in lines. I use hydrocortisone (but not too much). Ice helps, too. And mine itches, as well.
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Like Kathy I have a reaction to sun in areas where it is stronger but I burn easy in general. Still, I can put on a lower SPF sunblock where I live, be out for a long time and be okay. I might get a bit red. If I go to Florida, California, etc... I am burnt to a crisp and breaking out in 1 hour, with SPF in the 50's. The bumps always come up when I have a reaction to stonger sun BUT they normally itch a bit. Bug bites often itch too, along with reactions. I'm really not sure what to tell you. You might want to try taking some Benadryl if it is still going on or happens again. Even though you don't have the itch, it may help ease them up, along with some cream like Claudine suggested.

I know a lot of people who get strange bumps and rashes during season changes in a few different climates so the change might mess with you in a few different ways. Completely unexplained and usually treated with something like Aveno or mild soaps and lotion.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file