Living Proof Curls

mandymaemandymae Registered Users Posts: 150
I got the sample kit of the Living Proof Curls from Sephora and gave it a whirl today. Here are my thoughts:

Curl Conditioning Wash: Was pretty moisturizing, but I had to wash my scalp twice to feel clean.

Curls Detangling Rinse: This was a gel/serum-like consistency. It was kind of odd, but did detangle really well! My hair is normal porosity and normal thickness; I am not sure if it would work as well for someone with coarser hair. After it was rinsed out, my hair still felt pretty moisturized.

Curl Enhancing Mousse: It took about 2 golf ball for my shoulder length hair as the first golf ball seem to disintegrate as a worked it into both palms. At first, it seemed to work well and enhance my wave, but after I diffused it, the waves didn't hold like I wanted it too. Maybe better results would be had when air drying. It did provide decent shine.

Overall, I got more body and a nice shape. Not as defined as I would have liked and more canopy frizz than normal. However, the smell is awful, like super strong palmolive dish soap, and it lingers. I will definitely be washing my hair tomorrow to get rid of the smell.

Comments

• chupiechupie Registered Users Posts: 5,280 Curl Connoisseur
    mandymae wrote: »
    I got the sample kit of the Living Proof Curls from Sephora and gave it a whirl today. Here are my thoughts:

Curl Conditioning Wash: Was pretty moisturizing, but I had to wash my scalp twice to feel clean.

Curls Detangling Rinse: This was a gel/serum-like consistency. It was kind of odd, but did detangle really well! My hair is normal porosity and normal thickness; I am not sure if it would work as well for someone with coarser hair. After it was rinsed out, my hair still felt pretty moisturized.

Curl Enhancing Mousse: It took about 2 golf ball for my shoulder length hair as the first golf ball seem to disintegrate as a worked it into both palms. At first, it seemed to work well and enhance my wave, but after I diffused it, the waves didn't hold like I wanted it too. Maybe better results would be had when air drying. It did provide decent shine.

Overall, I got more body and a nice shape. Not as defined as I would have liked and more canopy frizz than normal. However, the smell is awful, like super strong palmolive dish soap, and it lingers. I will definitely be washing my hair tomorrow to get rid of the smell.

The mousse is amazing if you put a hard hold gel over it. OTOH I get as amazing results with Tresemme Perfectly Undone Sea Foam which is hella less expensive. But I really loved the LP Mousse. But try it with a gel on top. I had one of the best hair days ever.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,784 Curl Connoisseur
    I like the Curl Detangling Rinse and the Curl Define Styling Cream. The real test will be in humid/high dew point conditions.

I'm torn between trying the Curl Conditioning Wash and the latest product from Living Proof, PhD Night Cap Overnight Protector.
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
     *This list is not exhaustive...
    CoWash: various
    DT: various
    Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
    Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
    Spritz/Sealant:not now
    *experimenting and loving it!
  • CurlyShorty3405CurlyShorty3405 Registered Users Posts: 196
    I love this line!! I don't have the mousse, I have the styling cream and love it!!! The styling cream has extra conditioning properties in it, but I still use my restore targeted repair cream. My hair just soaks up product.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using CurlTalk App
    2B-2C Density-Medium/High Width-medium Length-Medium

LoPoo: Onesta Hydrating Shampoo
    CoWash: LP Curl Conditioning Wash
    ROs: Onesta Hydrating Conditioner, LP Curl Detangling Rinse
    Weekly DC: LP Restore Mask Treatment
    Leave in: LP Restore Targeted Repair Cream
    Stylers: (in application order): LP Prime Style Extender Cream, LI, LP Curl Defining Style Cream, LP No Frizz Weightless Styling Spray, LP PHD Night Cap
    Sealer: Body Shop Olive Oil/Body Shop Argan Oil/Josie Maran Argan Oil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file