Another great haircut from Hair Rules in NYC

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,228Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I am pleased with Dickey who runs the salon. He just knows how to cut my 2C, 3A hair better than anyone else I've tried and I've tried them all in NYC. Many women with more highly textured hair (3c and 4) go to him but I would recommend him to anyone with curly hair in NYC.

His salon specializes in curly hair and they aren't wedded to any one particular style or method. His products are silicone free but he is very openminded. He isn't rigid at all in his approach which I like a lot. He says people should have options and choices about what products to use, what style to go for etc. Highly recommended.
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• BettyboopnycBettyboopnyc Posts: 99Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    where are they located?
    I am always looking for a new reasonably priced salon in the city for my 3a hair, someone more flexible than the "curly salons"
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,228Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi Bettyboop, Mr. A. Dickey owns the salon called Hair Rules. It is located on 9th Ave. about 54th Street in Manhattan.

I go to Mr. Dickey. For me the price is not outrageous because I've had such difficulty finding someone whose cuts grow in nicely. They all look good at first but his cuts last. Also, I get a nice senior discount. For a young person it might be too high (over $125). I hesitate to quote the exact price because it may be determined by the length of the hair. If you are interested, perhaps you could go for a consultation but ask in advance if there is a charge for that. You could get a cut by one of his assistants which would cost less than going to Mr. Dickey.

I've heard good reports about Carlos Flores and he is supposed to be reasonably priced and open minded.

Good luck - ! :nike:
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file