Curl Talk App

Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I really miss the Curl Talk app since I upgraded my phone to iOS 8. Are there any plans to update the app? It's definitely caused me to spend much less time on this site, since other boards have functioning apps.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
3a/f/iii
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel

Comments

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Corrina777 wrote: »
    I really miss the Curl Talk app since I upgraded my phone to iOS 8. Are there any plans to update the app? It's definitely caused me to spend much less time on this site, since other boards have functioning apps.

I haven't upgraded my phone solely due to this :( I wish they would but I've seen NO responses and we've asked before :(
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • mustangbunnymustangbunny Posts: 1,033Registered Users
    I have upgraded to iOS 8.1.3 and don't have any problems. Do you guys have newer phones? I still have a 4s so maybe that's why I don't have any problems?

Low-poo: Looking for a new one.
    Condish: V05 Tea Therapy, Body Shop Banana
    Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave In
    PT: My hair needs very little. I use Suave Naturals Coconut when I need a little bit and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.
    Styler: Giovanni LA

Go Red Wings!
    :hockey:

Maybe. There are a couple updates past that I thought. And it's no longer available at the App Store.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • mustangbunnymustangbunny Posts: 1,033Registered Users
    Oh no!!!!! 😩

Low-poo: Looking for a new one.
    Condish: V05 Tea Therapy, Body Shop Banana
    Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave In
    PT: My hair needs very little. I use Suave Naturals Coconut when I need a little bit and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.
    Styler: Giovanni LA

Go Red Wings!
    :hockey:

• Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I upgraded because I got a new phone and app never downloaded and it doesn't show up in App Store or in my list of purchased apps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
    Hmmm. Maybe if I upgrade since it is already on the phone it will still work. Still, they shouldn't have taken it away :(
    Well the time has come. I can't get certain apps without upgrading. Bye bye Curltalk app :(
  • SereneCurlsSereneCurls Posts: 1,145Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I haven't had the app since I had to have my phone replaced in January, and the main site gives me a headache. I miss it too. :(
    3a, dense, fairly coarse, normal porosity and elasticity, just below shoulder
    Low poo: Giovanni 50 50
    Co-wash: aia, suave coconut, salon care
    R O: Tresume Naturals, gvpcb
    L I: KCKT, gvpcb
    Stylers: cjpp, re : coil, kccc, brhg
    Oils: coconut, argan
    Experimenting with: curls rock amplifier, pantene mousse
    So I finally had to upgrade my iOS as apps were aging out. Extremely hard to participate on Curltalk now. Forum interface on phone super clunky. I'll check in but pretty sad. I can't understand why you don't upgrade your app. I use my phone about 90% of the time for any social functions. I'm sure I'm not alone.
    And since we've had zero response on this I'd say they don't plan on it.
  • juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hopefully the new owners will upgrade the app to the new iOS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using CurlTalk App

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
    Omg. It opened. I kept trying all afternoon and it finally opened! It's not behaving very well but maybe it'll last until they decide to do something else.
  • SortaRicanSortaRican Posts: 310Registered Users
    I wish I could get the curltalk app! I downloaded tapatalk but it won't recognize my curltalk log on information so I can't reply to any of the posts, I can only read them. Using the internet browser on my phone is such a pain! If I had easier access to the forum I'm sure I'd be more interactive on it.
    3b/3c
    Fine, Long, High Density, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Products
    CoWash: YTC Nourishing Conditioner/AO Honeysuckle Rose
    LI: GDLI
    Styler: KCCC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SortaRican, did you create a password for Tapatalk? If not, you have to create one, then you can log into CurlTalk using your CT credentials.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)

event.png
    I have a password for tapatalk, I can log into that just fine. I can access the CurlTalk forum and read posts from the app but in order to respond to a post I have to then log into CurlTalk so it's not recognizing my CurlTalk username/password.
    3b/3c

Products
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    I've been getting blank pages on the app for days. Just tells me there are no topics. I've tried participated and just going into forums and everything is blank.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    CC, did you delete and reinstall the app?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

event.png
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    No, can't do that....it's not in the App Store anymore!!!! Seems to be working ok now though :)
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    Mine did that over the weekend but was back this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Finally found my way down here! Please, please, please put the app back in the AppStore. This Tapatalk app sucks!

Audrey Hepburn
    I contacted tapatalk last month and was told that the forum was using an outdated plugin and that they (tapatalk) would contact the forum owner to update the plugin. Not sure if that ever happened, I haven't followed up with tapatalk nor have I tried to access tapatalk since then.....
    3b/3c

Products
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's ok, once your in it runs like the app. Just a lot to get here, or atleast that I can figure out. And I don't think pms come through.

Audrey Hepburn
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Well I have the CurlTalk app but I can't upload photos. I used to have Tapatalk but my app was updated a long time ago.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
    Is anyone in tech/pr/something going to answer? Like just a screw off we have no plans of using an app, or it should be up and running in a month? Something???

Audrey Hepburn
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I have contacted the necessary parties.

Signed a non tech person .

Guide63
    Guide63 wrote: »
    I have contacted the necessary parties.

Signed a non tech person .

Guide63

Thanks!

I'm assuming its a non-point as this thread is almost a year old, but I would like to no one way or the other. I leave the app hanging on my phone hoping one day it'll kick in, but if its never gonna work I'll just delete it.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I deleted mine a long time ago. I use the Tapatalk app to view the forum on my phone.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
    Spiralli wrote: »
    I deleted mine a long time ago. I use the Tapatalk app to view the forum on my phone.

That's what I do as well, I really dislike the way it loads stuff though. I can't tell what has new posts and what doesn't.
    Audrey Hepburn
    CC, I had that problem initially when I switched to iPhone, you have set it up to show new posts, under the followed tab at the bottom then make sure you are under the unread post tab at the top.

event.png
    juanab wrote: »
    CC, I had that problem initially when I switched to iPhone, you have set it up to show new posts, under the followed tab at the bottom then make sure you are under the unread post tab at the top.

Can I do it for just certain sections? I can only see it for the whole board?

Audrey Hepburn

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file