3a's any successful products to SOTC for crown frizz?

BeebopBeebop Registered Users Posts: 457 Curl Novice
Has anyone had any success with products to sotc for crown frizz? I''ve tried so many different things...extra leave in conditioner, no glycerin, oils, serums silicone & silicone free, gels, mousse but nothing ever seems to work great. The oils seem to make me frizzy & greasy and the serums just make it shiny. Just now trying Tresemme tres gel after reading some reviews. Thanks for any help!:confused2:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
Wash-Desert essence frizz be gone/ Shea Moosture curl & shine/Biolage keratin dose
Cond-Desert essence frizz be gone/Shea Moosture curl & Shine/ Biolage ultra hydrasource
Leave In- Conditioner large pea size
Stylers- Condition 3-in-1 mousse, Biologe mousse, Shea Moosture silicone free miracle styler leave in treatment, Shaper hairspray for extra hold.:coffee2::coffee:

Comments

• BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Registered Users Posts: 2,075 Curl Neophyte
    After I SOTC I just put in some of my TRESemme Naturals conditioner (a rinse-out, not a leave-in, as it's far more moisturising) and then wait ten minutes for it to 'absorb'. Seems to do the trick and had been a key part of my routine for so many months!
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,358 Curl Connoisseur
    i'm surprised oils did not do the trick. what i use when all else fails is cj ciab.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • BeebopBeebop Registered Users Posts: 457 Curl Novice
    Thank you! I have both Tresemme naturals and ciab that I can try! I have very sensitive finicky hair that so much doesn't work...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
    Wash-Desert essence frizz be gone/ Shea Moosture curl & shine/Biolage keratin dose
    Cond-Desert essence frizz be gone/Shea Moosture curl & Shine/ Biolage ultra hydrasource
    Stylers- Condition 3-in-1 mousse, Biologe mousse, Shea Moosture silicone free miracle styler leave in treatment, Shaper hairspray for extra hold.:coffee2::coffee:
    I put a large pea size amount of conditioner in my hair then usually mousse, plop while doing makeup & then diffuse, I'll look for that conditioner...thank you!
    I just looked and it doesn't look available here in the U.S. But thanks anyway, your hair is beautiful!
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Registered Users Posts: 2,075 Curl Neophyte
    If you only put a pea-size amount of conditioner in your hair and your high porosity, then I think the frizz could most definitely be attributed to not enough moisture. Try using more conditioner or trying the 'baptism rinse' technique and seeing if that helps at all
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • sixelamysixelamy Registered Users Posts: 4,157 Curl Novice
    I've been messing with crown frizzy myself, and for me it's uneven product distribution. So in the shower I make sure to put some extra leave in on the crown portion, and make sure to section my hair to apply my jellies evenly throughout my hair. Sometimes I'll put a little extra on the crown as well. It seems that's the part of my head I unintentionally miss or put less on.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
    Thanks Botticellebrit & sixelamy!
    I'll try that too! My hair is so finicky that sometimes if I put too much conditioner or mousse or gel in my hair it goes flat and stringy or producty looking so I'll play with it this weekend!
    I went back to trying my Tresemme naturals conditioner with the tres gel(new for me) since they are both glycerin free and after I sotc I smooth a little more gel over the crown and that seemed to work well today, let's see if it continues... tried CIAB and I had a frizzy hard mess unfortunately. My curls were tighter longer spirals with the Tres gel compared to using the same conditioner with my condition 3 in 1 mousse wich gives me softer, fuller, fluffy curls that are more loopy which might lead to frizz....
  • SpiralHamSpiralHam Registered Users Posts: 477
    I SOTC with a flour sack towel, of all things. I find it hard to use a product or my bare hands.

A long time ago I heard of folks using rubber dish gloves and it worked well for them, but I've never tried that!
    Smorgasbord of finer, porous 2a-3a; straight underlayer

:thumbleft: collagen
    :thumbdown: humectants outside of optimal dews, PVP, oils/butters, anything remotely comedogenic

poos: Giovanni TTT, WF365FF, Suave Clarifying
    condishes: VO5 VMT, KLS; IonEC
    stylers: FSG, 4NSBCC, VolumaxMega, AIF, GFPC

Mod CG since 11/2012. My waves occasionally look best when combed out, so you can pry my combs from my cold, dead hands :laughing6:
    Yucky hair today after using Tresemme Tres gel two days in a row!! Just noticed the gel has Keratin amino acids in it and noticed how my hair seemed dry, crunchy and frizzy all day, guess my hair can't handle too much protein since I had the same thing happen after a week of using Biolage Keratin dose to repair my damage bleached hair and the same thing happened. Back to the drawing board for frizz control!:confused1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file