Crazy hairfall!!

SanChiakiSanChiaki Registered Users Posts: 1
Hello everyone!

I used to get my hair rebonded but started growing out my natural hair 2.5 years ago. But ever since I've started growing out my natural hair it's been falling off like crazy! I detangle my hair with my fingers in the shower with the conditioner on. Other than that I do not comb or brush my hair at all. The hairfall happens while detangling only. I used to have pretty thick hair but now it is average-ish and I'm afraid I'll soon be bald at this rate!

I apply almond oil to my hair once a week. I don't use any curly hair specific products as I live in India so we don't have any such products. But my shampoo is Sulfate, silicone and paraben free.

I've attached a picture of the hairfall I have from detangling while in the shower and also normal pictures of my hair. Any help would be appreciated, thank you! :)

Comments

• BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Registered Users Posts: 2,075 Curl Neophyte
    If you're not noticing your hair looking thinner and such, there's no need to worry. Remember your hair is long so it will always look like a lot more hair has fallen out than it actually has, because the length of the shed hairs will make the hairball bigger.

BUT since you said you used to have thick hair and now it's not so thick, it might be a good idea to visit a doctor just to check there are no underlying problems or issues. It's always best to be safe than sorry
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list