I need help!!! Curl type & what products to use

Katfishn78Katfishn78 Posts: 4Registered Users
Hello everyone😊!! I need help!! I big chopped back on August 1st, cutting about 14 inches off down to 1/2 inch- I know- CRAY CRAY but I was ready to go natural and it was a BIG shocker. Well I wanted to get ya'lls help with figuring out my hair type and what are some good products to use. To me, ALL hair types are beautiful but I want to make sure I am using the right products for my hair type. Right now I co-wash with biolage rich moisture conditioner every 2-3 days and style with treseme naturals conditioner, Africa's best herbal oil and Eco styler argan oil gel. I only air dry.
I feel like I have some very dry spots as well.

Thank you and I appreciate your help with this

Comments

• hookilauhookilau Posts: 269Registered Users
    Curl type aside, the properties of your hair is more important.

The only time I ever consider my curl type is in terms of styling or haircuts but not products.

Here's a great place to start:
    Live Curly Live Free - Curly Hair Basics
    Following CG
    fine, medium-low density :confused5:
    protein loving, porous, elasticity ?

Co-wash: Tresemme Perfectly Undone
    LI/RO: GVP Conditioning Balm, Jane Carter Solutions Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner
    Stylers: KCCC, AG recoil, CurlKeeper, As I am curling pudding
    Protein treatments: Aphogee's Keratin 2 minute reconstructor, and Colorful neutral protein filler

Loves: aloe, glycerin & polyquats even in neg dews
    :happy3:
  • Annie1980Annie1980 Posts: 77Registered Users
    Looks like 4a maybe?
  • Katfishn78Katfishn78 Posts: 4Registered Users
    Thank you very much for you response! I really appreciate it!!
  • Katfishn78Katfishn78 Posts: 4Registered Users
    Thank you & thank you for the link you provided. I will be reading up on it��. I've watched sooooooo many you tube videos and I have always thought the products are important because of what is said in alot of the videos. That's why I was asking about the hair type so i have an idea of which products would work best for my type hair. I have also found out I have low porosity hair. Thanks again!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file