Suave Professional Captivating Curls Whipped Cream Mousse discontinued??

frcklsfrckls Registered Users Posts: 528 Curl Neophyte
US peeps, can any of you please confirm if this products (the one in curvaceous can with green fonts and cap) is discontinued?

I looked it up on Suave website, but didn't find this and found Flexible Control Curl Mousse instead, in the same curvaceous can but with purple fonts and black cap. With this mousse Suave claims that it is akin to Sebastian Whipped Creme, unlike the old one to Redken (I have no idea which one).

Would appreciate any pictures, especially the ingredients list. If it's so different from Captivating Curls, I need to stock up while this island is catching up on overseas new releases!

TIA!
2B/C canopy & 2A/B underlayer
coarse | low-normal porosity | normal elasticity | low-med density
(by GoosefootPrints)

Clarify: Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo, Citric acid rinse
RO/LI: Jason Moisturizing 84% Aloe Vera / Paul Mitchell The Conditioner
Styler: DIY Okra Jelly / Paul Mitchell Thicken Up / Shu Uemura Cotton Uzu Flexible Defining Cream
Treatment: H&B Wonder Oil + VCO, Honey-Cardamom-EVOO-Chamomile

Comments

• steph0326steph0326 Registered Users Posts: 4
    It's still around I saw it in Target today and have seen it in walmart as well.
  • CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Registered Users Posts: 590 Curl Connoisseur
    I've bought both and the ingredient lists are identical, as is the consistency. I'm currently finishing up the green bottle but in my local Wal-Mart, they only have the purple ones where as at Target they still have the green one.
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

• frcklsfrckls Registered Users Posts: 528 Curl Neophyte
    Aha! Thanks a lot for the confirmation. Now I can rest assured if the purple cap starts popping out and the green disappearing, I'll need not to fear. :)
    2B/C canopy & 2A/B underlayer
    coarse | low-normal porosity | normal elasticity | low-med density
    (by GoosefootPrints)

Clarify: Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo, Citric acid rinse
    RO/LI: Jason Moisturizing 84% Aloe Vera / Paul Mitchell The Conditioner
    Styler: DIY Okra Jelly / Paul Mitchell Thicken Up / Shu Uemura Cotton Uzu Flexible Defining Cream
    Treatment: H&B Wonder Oil + VCO, Honey-Cardamom-EVOO-Chamomile
  • bettyboop3071bettyboop3071 Registered Users Posts: 1
    The purple bottle is not the same product as the green bottle......purple bottle stiff curls......green bottle soft and springy! Purple bottle sucks!
  • eche428eche428 Registered Users Posts: 2,782 Curl Connoisseur
    Hey frkls. Try contacting Suave through their website and ask them. I did that when I couldn't find their green apple conditioner anywhere near me and got a reply right away with multiple locations that were supposed to be carrying it. They even followed up a week later to make sure I found exactly what I needed. They have GREAT customer service.
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • curlisue1curlisue1 Registered Users Posts: 494 Curl Novice
    I'm bumping up an older thread here, but I'm just realizing that the captivating curls mousse has been discontinued. I used this one winter and wanted to go back to it this winter and its gone. Anyone having luck with the mousse that replaced it?
  • curlisue1curlisue1 Registered Users Posts: 494 Curl Novice
    After posting previously, I found three cans of the captivating curls at meijer. I compared it to the flexible curls mousse and the ingredients appear to be the same.
  • CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Registered Users Posts: 590 Curl Connoisseur
    I've been seeing these green bottles again at Wal-Mart & Target!
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file