Any Baseball Fans?

curlyprincess1curlyprincess1 Registered Users Posts: 468
Who is up for baseball? Any sports fans here?
It's not easy being a princess, but hey, if the crown fits.

Comments

• pinksugarpinksugar Registered Users Posts: 2,346 Curl Connoisseur
    Me, me, me! I cannot wait for the season to start. Although, we cannot watch (on T.V.) any of the games that our team plays. I cannot wait to go watch them in person.
  • JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
    Me! Huge Braves fan, they are my number one team. I'm waiting for it to start and will be going opening day.

I'm a sports fan in general but so far just the popular ones (nba, mlb, nfl) and I support my college teams (ga tech).

My favorite teams in order -

Atlanta Braves
    Atlanta Braves
    Atlanta Braves (yes I like them significantly more than the rest!)
    GT Yellow Jackets
    Atlanta Falcons
    Atlanta Hawks

Outside of Atlanta, I like the NY Giants and Miami Heat
  • curlyprincess1curlyprincess1 Registered Users Posts: 468
    Josephine, nice pick with the Braves! I love the Rangers or Astros.
    I'm a lifelong Dodgers fan. Loved them since I was a little girl. I even took my husband to a game the first month we were dating. Thankfully, he is also a Dodgers fan.
  • JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur

Thanks, I didn't really pick, it I'm born, raised and still living in Atlanta! Also, every bf of mine(3) owns (or at least did) a braves hat and shirt, and of course has been to several games!
    Spring training games start for us today. I'm so excited. At least I get to watch the first 3 games. They will be delayed but that's okay.
  • sew and sewsew and sew Registered Users Posts: 3,443
    Not a huge fan but I enjoy catching my city's triple A team play (it's been a farm team for the Oakland A's and is switching over this year to being one for the SF Giants) and I love watching MLB playoffs and the WS.

A friend of mine is a lifelong Giants fan and he took me to one of the triple A games when they were playing the Giant's farm team in 2009. My first time going and it was a lot more fun than I anticipated. Through him I wound up knowing more about the Giants so I was rooting for them in Spring 2010. That's the year that they surprisingly wound up in the World Series and then won it. The reason the triple A is changing affiliations is because there's so many Giants fans here (Oakland is close too), but due to the Giants WS wins the bandwagon effect was huge.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
    It is so much better live, that's for sure!
    pinksugar wrote: »
    Me, me, me! I cannot wait for the season to start. Although, we cannot watch (on T.V.) any of the games that our team plays. I cannot wait to go watch them in person.
    This has been our problem as of late. I am hoping that will change soon. This is my prediction:
    2015- Winning season
    2016- In the Wild Card hunt
    2017- AL pennant run
    It's so frustrating that we cannot watch the Dodger games. I'm watching other teams play but I'd like to watch my team. I will know the players on the other teams better than our own. We have so many new players this season.
  • DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Registered Users Posts: 1,583 Curl Neophyte
    It's hard to live in St. Louis and not be a baseball fan.

GO CARDINALS!!! =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

I just found out that I'm going to either an Astros game OR a Rangers game in May. I'm super excited. My husband and I are taking a road trip from CA to AR and he just let me know that we're stopping in TX for a baseball game. :)
    pinksugar wrote: »

I just found out that I'm going to either an Astros game OR a Rangers game in May. I'm super excited. My husband and I are taking a road trip from CA to AR and he just let me know that we're stopping in TX for a baseball game. :)
    So cool! You will be in for a treat, that's for sure!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file