Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Mousse?

CinderellyCinderelly Posts: 16Registered Users
So I got this stuff a couple weeks ago, and was delighted with the smell, etc. though it really is a bit crunchier than I like in my hair. Anyway, then I read the ingredient list....polyquat 4 is like the fourth ingredient, under water, propane, and isobutane!! This seems like a lot of polyquat, and I know they can cause serious buildup. My hair frizzes rather easily when wet, so I was wondering if it could be this stuff. How do you clarify for polyquats? We have moderately hard water here, so I'm still doing dilute sulfate with each wash...I don't know how my hair could have buildup. :P

Thoughts? What has your experience been with the HETT mousse?
2a/b, fine, low density, normal porosity(??). Getting back into CG-mod after a few years away. :laughing8:

Shampoo: Herbal Essences Naked Moisturizing
Condish: VO5 Kiwis, a little Garnier Fructis Pure Clean
Styler: HETT mousse, Garnier Fructis Pure Clean gel

Apparently hair loves protein and easily gets over-moisturized. Trying to wrangle out a routine that works. :P

Comments

• MyocardialMyocardial Posts: 41Registered Users
    Um I read somewhere that even on first application polyquats cause cause Frizzies to hair especially when you rewet. It's not necessarily build up but just that your hair doesn't like it.

That shampoo should get rid of any build up as I use the same one to clarify monthly.

Maybe get a different mousse? :P
    2B, high porosity and fine hair.
  • CinderellyCinderelly Posts: 16Registered Users
    Oh, interesting. I didn't realize it could cause that after only one use. My hair's been acting up lately, so I'm gonna do a good clarifying shampoo and ACV rinse today to start fresh, and then my good old Alba Botanica gel with no nasties in it. :P We'll see how it goes!
    2a/b, fine, low density, normal porosity(??). Getting back into CG-mod after a few years away. :laughing8:

Shampoo: Herbal Essences Naked Moisturizing
    Condish: VO5 Kiwis, a little Garnier Fructis Pure Clean
    Styler: HETT mousse, Garnier Fructis Pure Clean gel

Apparently hair loves protein and easily gets over-moisturized. Trying to wrangle out a routine that works. :P
  • frcklsfrckls Posts: 528Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Best detergent to move polyquats is C14-16 olefin sulfonate
    2B/C canopy & 2A/B underlayer
    coarse | low-normal porosity | normal elasticity | low-med density
    (by GoosefootPrints)

Clarify: Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo, Citric acid rinse
    RO/LI: Jason Moisturizing 84% Aloe Vera / Paul Mitchell The Conditioner
    Styler: DIY Okra Jelly / Paul Mitchell Thicken Up / Shu Uemura Cotton Uzu Flexible Defining Cream
    Treatment: H&B Wonder Oil + VCO, Honey-Cardamom-EVOO-Chamomile

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file