Tattoo removal cream?

claudine191claudine191 Registered Users Posts: 8,221 Curl Connoisseur
A cream is being developed that will easily remove tattoos. It's also likely to be inexpensive.

Would you use it on any of your tattoos if you have one/some? I'm torn: I think I would miss mine (it's on my foot), but it also needs the ink refreshed, and I don't feel excited about enduring the soreness afterward. (During hardly hurt at all —I've had shots that were worse.)

Comments

• sixelamysixelamy Registered Users Posts: 4,157 Curl Novice
    I'm sure it will be very healthy for your body too!

Seriously though, I'd love one of mine removed. I wouldn't use a cream though.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • BluebloodBlueblood Registered Users Posts: 1,748 Curl Neophyte
    Nope.

My tattoo is purposely on the back of my shoulder for this reason. I also, after being told by my friends' who ended up with 3-4 tattoos, took their advice and didn't get another one.

Though I may get more when I hit my 60s and 70s simply because my parents' didn't live that long.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,730 Curl Virtuoso
    I am attached to all of my tattoos (around 15) and wouldn't remove any of them. Some are pretty old and starting to fade and lose their detail, but that doesn't bother me. The rest of me is starting to fade and not look so great either and I'm cool with that.
    If I had a tattoo I hated I would certainly use a cream to remove it (if it didn't hurt, didn't cost alot, didn't eat my skin off, etc.)
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • curlyprincess1curlyprincess1 Registered Users Posts: 468
    No. However, I only have a few, though one is quite big. I can't imagine ever trying to remove a tattoo! I never understood having a tattoo that I couldn't see, such as a tramp stamp, but to each his/her own.
    It's not easy being a princess, but hey, if the crown fits.
  • DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Registered Users Posts: 1,583 Curl Neophyte
    I would use a cream if I absolutely hated my tattoo and couldn't stand it any longer. You know, if there weren't any horrible side effects and it didn't damage my skin/cause more harm than good.

I feel like it's a better option than laser removal, but since it's so new, who really knows?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

• BluebloodBlueblood Registered Users Posts: 1,748 Curl Neophyte
    No. However, I only have a few, though one is quite big. I can't imagine ever trying to remove a tattoo! I never understood having a tattoo that I couldn't see, such as a tramp stamp, but to each his/her own.

The reason to have a tattoo you can't see at all or very easily is that it's in a place others can't easily see. This means you are not discriminated on the job front.

There have been people sacked for having visible tattoos, and people openly not employed for having them. Not all the tattoos complained about are offensive.

in my own case I'm already discriminated by sex and race in my industry. I don't also want to have prejudice thrown at me due to having a tattoo.

I got my tattoo as a student studying in a different area to what I work in now, and was already aware that I would be discriminated by race. My mum had a tattoo on her upper arm so I knew where to get one where you could hide it easily.

I have been in office environments where women with tattoos on visible body parts have been called nasty names/told to cover them up.
  • claudine191claudine191 Registered Users Posts: 8,221 Curl Connoisseur
    I have one on my foot because that's where I wanted to see an image. It's not to hide it for work or from others.
  • mustangbunnymustangbunny Registered Users Posts: 1,033
    If anything I want more tattoos, not less. If I didn't like a tattoo I had I'd try to get it covered before trying to remove it.
    I would really like to get a half sleeve someday but the idea of having to wear long sleeves to work everyday is unappealing to me and good tattoos cost good money that I really should be saving. Sigh.

Low-poo: Looking for a new one.
    Condish: V05 Tea Therapy, Body Shop Banana
    Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave In
    PT: My hair needs very little. I use Suave Naturals Coconut when I need a little bit and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.
    Styler: Giovanni LA

Go Red Wings!
    :hockey:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file