Frugal frustration (2C ish)

skatejskatej Posts: 3Registered Users
So, for years I've used and been fairly happy with the Beautiful Curls Wavy-curly leave in conditioner (I use it as a daily conditioner and cowash with it) and aloe vera gel as a hair gel. But, facing a layoff I tried to be frugal and bought the 365 brand conditioner for 1/4 the price (and I didn't buy any more gel, just hoping to get by without it). It's as if I'm cowashing with shampoo. My hair is so upset with me, has no body and no moisture, and while the curls are there, so is a halo of frizz. It feels the same way it does when I've had the flu for a few days.

I'm thinking of doctoring the conditioner I have right now by adding coconut oil. I don't have any more shea butter, but maybe that would help a little. What do you think?

Comments

• sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    Don't add anything into the bottle, as it will throw off the preservative ratio and make the conditioner spoil sooner than later.

You can add some to your conditioner in a single use bottle before you use it, or add it into the conditioner in your hands before you apply it. Also, you can pre-poo with it, or make a treatment out of it.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    skatej wrote: »
    So, for years I've used and been fairly happy with the Beautiful Curls Wavy-curly leave in conditioner (I use it as a daily conditioner and cowash with it) and aloe vera gel as a hair gel. But, facing a layoff I tried to be frugal and bought the 365 brand conditioner for 1/4 the price (and I didn't buy any more gel, just hoping to get by without it). It's as if I'm cowashing with shampoo. My hair is so upset with me, has no body and no moisture, and while the curls are there, so is a halo of frizz. It feels the same way it does when I've had the flu for a few days.

I'm thinking of doctoring the conditioner I have right now by adding coconut oil. I don't have any more shea butter, but maybe that would help a little. What do you think?

What about adding a tablespoon of heated up honey to mix in with your conditioner (when you use it. Not in the bottle). ?
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • skatejskatej Posts: 3Registered Users
    Thanks! I'm going to try both things. I put a tiny bit of argan oil in my hair and that at least helped the dryness.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file