Marie Dean

abstractcurlsabstractcurls Registered Users Posts: 380
I was looking at this conditioner Purely Basic Nettle & Horsetail Conditioner but cannot find many reviews about it. My hair loves herbal conditioners but I'm worried this might be too heavy because of the oils and butter. Any thoughts?

Comments

• 2BeOrNot2B2BeOrNot2B Registered Users Posts: 133
    I don't know what your hair properties are but the Marie Dean products I tried were way too heavy for my hair which is 2a/b fine/medium, medium density. They also caused a lot of build up...especially the butters which took me quite a few clarifying washes/ACV rinses to remove.
    I was attracted to MD products because my hair is so dry. I think they might be ok for coarse/dense 3's-4's curlies.
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    You don't mention your hair properties, so it's difficult to give advice. Here's a thread I started a while ago http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/105725-marie-dean.html I used and loved these products for a LONG time. Last year I had a serious health issue and lost a ton of hair. Stopped highlighting, etc. My hair got to be even lower porosity--had a great deal of difficulty absorbing anything! Even though I'm highlighting again, I can't use the products anymore.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • abstractcurlsabstractcurls Registered Users Posts: 380
    I'm fairly certain I have low-medium porosity and my hair texture is so mixed I couldn't tell you. I have everything from wiry, baby fine, but most of it is somewhere in between. My hair hates Aloe and large amounts of glycerin. It also hates waxes and a lot of butter. My hair is fairly dry and I always need a leave in. It's a mix of 3a/b. Things like Shea Moisture products were awful for me. But SM has a lot of wax in it. I currently use Desert Essence Coconut Conditioner, Yes to Blueberries Conditioner and Shampoo (occasionally when I need it), Silk Naturals Coconut Argan Conditioner, Silk Naturals protein treatment, Homemade Flaxseed gel, Silk Naturals Curl Gel, and Garden of Wisdom Majik Tresses Hair Serum.
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    Here's something I just wrote on another thread:

"I have a confession to make. When I started on nc.com, CJ CCCC was one of my favorite products. I hadn't used it in ages. Received a sample in October and started to use it again. Even ordered a jar of it. My hair was looking really crappy the last few weeks. I didn't highlight from June until last January because of hair loss (due to health issues.) Thought my hair had become even less porous because it wasn't absorbing.

Yesterday, I had an epiphany! It was one of the ingredients in the CCCC (I'm guessing the polyquat.) Yesteday, I clarified. Two rinses of generic Nexus Aloe Rid with SLS. My hair is really soft. I'll test the absorption when I do my hair later. If the CCCC was the problem, I'll have other creams to recommend! Things I stopped using because they weren't absorbing. "

I'm going to use a MD product when I do my hair later and will update. I think it will be absorbed now that I clarified!
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file