New to the 2B community

Parisfrance137Parisfrance137 Posts: 23Registered Users
Hello everyone! I'm new to the 2B community and are having a difficult time enhancing my natural waves.

Here are the products I am using right now:

Shampoo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Invigorating Shampoo (for my dandruff)
Conditioner: Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Hydrating-Calming Conditioner
Leave in conditioner: L'Oreal Evercurl Hydracharge
Gel: Kinky-Curly Curling Custard

My issues are that my natural waves are not defined very well and often feel weighed down. If I go outside and it's windy, my hair will loose definition quickly. All I want is soft waves that are defined but not crunchy feeling as the gel I am using does. In terms of my hair texture, it is fine and does get oily easily. I do use a microfiber towel when I get out of the shower and rarely blow-dry my hair.

Any suggestions so I can reach my full wave potential? I did attach a picture so you can see how my hair looks right now.

Comments

• hookilauhookilau Posts: 269Registered Users
    I used to have the same issue.

I only had about 2 or 3 'moves' with styling my hair before the particular curl I was working with became over-handled and ended up a wave. :confused3: It turns out that inconsistent product application was my issue.

I'm now able to handle my curls while maintaining curl integrity. Lately, I've been using added protein, more moisture and making sure the curls are completely dry before scrunching out the crunch or leaving the house.

Now I get 4 day hair easily with only water refresher in the a.m. My hair is too short to pineapple just yet, so I just sleep on it and wake up looking crazy frizzy :) spritz with water to re-activate product and you'd never believe it's the same head of hair :headbang:

I started getting more consistent results when I put styling products in my hair while still in the shower & using a fine tooth comb to make sure all products are well dispersed through each strand. Yes, it does appear to pull the hair straight while wet, but scrunching afterwards puts the curl right back in.

Using a diffuser to start the drying process, then allowing to air dry, then back to diffuser again just before I leave the house to make sure all is dry gives me curls that last all day-night long until my head hits the pillow.

I have dry, fine 2b-c hair of seemingly normal to low porosity, and all the products I use are heavy in the protein, humectant and conditioning arena.

I stay away from oils and butters as they only weigh my hair down. I can only use a teensy amount before it's too much and by that time, it's too late :confused3: So I keep away from 'em.

In case you're interested...

Stylers: KCCC, homemade FSG with added protein, honey & condish, AG recoil, curl keeper
    Ro: GVP conditioning balm, Jane Carter Solutions nutrient replenishing conditioner
    Co-wash: Tresemme perfectly undone conditioner
    LI: Jane Carter Solutions condition & sculpt, JC conditioner listed above

:love2:
    Following CG
    fine, medium-low density :confused5:
    protein loving, porous, elasticity ?

Co-wash: Tresemme Perfectly Undone
    LI/RO: GVP Conditioning Balm, Jane Carter Solutions Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner
    Stylers: KCCC, AG recoil, CurlKeeper, As I am curling pudding
    Protein treatments: Aphogee's Keratin 2 minute reconstructor, and Colorful neutral protein filler

Loves: aloe, glycerin & polyquats even in neg dews
    :happy3:
  • MyocardialMyocardial Posts: 41Registered Users
    I too get this problem and find a salt spray helps. It seems we either have to pick soft wavyish moistured hair or dry but more defined hair. The curse of 2b lol.
    2B, high porosity and fine hair.
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I found Kinky Curly products unhelpful for my 2b waves. The right cut is what helped me most — figuring out my wave pattern and adapting to what I had naturally, rather than trying to force curl where I was mostly straight.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file