New curly here with some questions!

wolfmythswolfmyths Registered Users Posts: 4
I posted in the intro thread but I also wanted to post here as well and say hello! I'm a 22 year old, curly-haired mama to be from CT learning to embrace her curls. I'm trying to figure out ways to take proper care of them and keep them in top condition and it's tough work!

I'm not sure where to start but I guess I'd like opinions on what type of curls you would say I have? The test said 3B but I am feeling 3A is suitable as well. Opinions?

Also, I'm going to be getting a hair cut soon (waiting to dye it as you can tell from the color, so I only have to dye it once during my pregnancy) and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or pictures on a cut/style inspiration? I'd love to keep the length.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• BomerAngBomerAng Registered Users Posts: 31
    You have beautiful curls! And congrats on your baby. I am a mom to 4 kiddos. I'm only a month into doing the CG routine so I don't really have anything to offer since I'm new at this too. Did you read the Curly Girl book?
    CG since January 2015
    2b/2c fine hair, normal porosity, low elasticity, low density
    shampoo: rye flour
    conditioner: deva one
    gel: kccc and flaxseed
  • sixelamysixelamy Registered Users Posts: 4,157 Curl Novice
    Welcome! You have gorgeous curls. Curl pattern is pretty irrelevant, hair properties like porosity and width are the important factors. I'd say 3a/3b. Look on pinterest for some cuts and styles - there are lots to look through!
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights