New curly here!

wolfmythswolfmyths Registered Users Posts: 4
Hello! I'm a 22 year old, curly-haired mama to be from CT. I'm always trying to figure out ways to embrace my curls and take care of them and I must say, it's tough work! I hope coming to this site and board will shed some light on what I need to do to keep my hair in top condition. I am not 100% sure where to start or what to do or what questions to ask!

To begin with, what type of curls would you say I have? I took the test and the test said 3b but I am not exactly positive if I'm 3a or 3b, opinions?

Also, anyone else feel the back of their hair is flat and less curly than the rest? I don't own a blowdryer so I air dry and can't seem to keep the weight off.

Comments

• AngelaE8654AngelaE8654 Banned Users Posts: 1,099 Curl Neophyte
    wolfmyths wrote: »
    Hello! I'm a 22 year old, curly-haired mama to be from CT. I'm always trying to figure out ways to embrace my curls and take care of them and I must say, it's tough work! I hope coming to this site and board will shed some light on what I need to do to keep my hair in top condition. I am not 100% sure where to start or what to do or what questions to ask!

To begin with, what type of curls would you say I have? I took the test and the test said 3b but I am not exactly positive if I'm 3a or 3b, opinions?

Also, anyone else feel the back of their hair is flat and less curly than the rest? I don't own a blowdryer so I air dry and can't seem to keep the weight off.

OMG, your hair is to-die-for. Your curls are SO beautiful. Welcome to the site. :)

My curls aren't as beautiful as yours but yes, the back of my hair is flatter and less curly than the rest. I usually wear my hair clipped up in a "slide" type barrette which looks nice and hides that portion.
  • wolfmythswolfmyths Registered Users Posts: 4
    Aw, thank you! I wish I always felt the same way about my curls as you do.

It's such a pain. I'm thinking I might need more layers during my next cut to maybe take away some of the weight. I need to invest in better clips as well. I only use bobby pins because I'm awful at styling hair.

Also, I can only judge by the picture in your signature but your hair looks extremely gorgeous and soft!
  • SoukiSouki Registered Users Posts: 11
    heey!! can I ask you your routine ? and whats work for you ? because we have exacty the same hair I think... except that mine are so dry...
  • wolfmythswolfmyths Registered Users Posts: 4
    Souki wrote: »
    heey!! can I ask you your routine ? and whats work for you ? because we have exacty the same hair I think... except that mine are so dry...

Sure! In the shower, I use Tresemme naturals shampoo & conditioner. I don't use the shampoo everyday and when I do, I use a very light amount and only on the roots of my hair.

After I rinse the shampoo out, I put conditioner in and let it sit while I wash. Then I comb my hair with a wide tooth comb, rinse out the conditioner, and run another small dollop of conditioner onto my hair. I rinse with cold water (its awful but its made a difference in how my hair dries.. less frizz).

Once out of the shower, I comb my hair while it's still very wet, ring it out, apply DevaCurl's light defining gel upside down. Apply 1-2 pumps of John Frieda's frizz-ease serum and wah-la. While my hair dries I shake out my roots so they don't go flat on me.

That's about it. I hope that all makes sense because I'm writing this before bed! I also occasionally do a hair mask (1/2 cup conditioner & 1/4 cup olive oil) which works WONDERS.

OGX coconut milk conditioner worked really well with my hair as well but I wanted to give Tresemme a try since it's cheaper.
  • SoukiSouki Registered Users Posts: 11
    yes yes it does make sense !! Ill start to use shampoo only on my roots too ! I use heavy mask with ricin oil, and I feel the need to shampoo all the hair, but ill stop doing that ! Also stick with a routine an use only shampoo when I feel the need too. Thank you for your help ! yesterday Ive used apple cider vinegar to rinse my hair, I love it ! you should try too if you didnt !
    Thaanks curly girl :)
    Btw is the John Frieda's frizz-ease serum without silicone ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file