Super fine, dense hair

MeiMei Posts: 259Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I have a LOT of hair, but it's really, really, fine. I've tried about 80 conditioners now, from homemade stuff to top of the line, almost $100 a bottle stuff. The people at my local Chatters are sick of seeing me return products... lol

Apple cider vinegar literally gives me 2c curls instead of 2b, but it doesn't manage frizz. I'm testing out the Devacurl Set It Free and so far it's helping to manage some frizz and encourage curl on my canopy, without weighing my super fine hair down. But the ACV is by far the best conditioner I've ever used! And way cheaper, too :mrgreen:

The ACV is also helping with my mild scalp dermatitis and buildup. Literally, it removed all the flakes on my head with a 50-50 ACV-water mix, and no more itching. I was actually able to color my hair last night without fear of burning or flaring up the dermatitis.

So for those struggling with products... ACV might be worth a try.
Multicultural (Caucasian/Filipina)
2b/2c - f - iii - low porosity - normal elasticity
Holy Grail: Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair
I rotate through the rest of my products depending on weather and etc but usually don't need them
I try not to use products tested on animals if I can help it.
Link: Updated hair picture January 2017

Comments

• QuincyQuincy Posts: 12Registered Users
    How do you use it? Kinda just dump it on top of your head? Do you need to massage it in? Do you condition afterwards?
  • MeiMei Posts: 259Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I pour it on and massage it into my scalp and let it sit for about 2 mins, then rinse. I don't use conditioner afterwards.

If I don't want to wash the length of my hair, I put it in a loose bun and just use the ACV mix on my scalp and the hair near my scalp.
    Multicultural (Caucasian/Filipina)
    2b/2c - f - iii - low porosity - normal elasticity
    Holy Grail: Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair
    I rotate through the rest of my products depending on weather and etc but usually don't need them
    I try not to use products tested on animals if I can help it.
    Link: Updated hair picture January 2017

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file