My curls aren't in the 4 category but...

sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
I'm really jealous because I'd attempt to rock this hairstyle:

hairstyle.png
The texture of the hair lends itself well to the voluminous structure. My 3a curls would just change the intended look too much if put up this way. This actually looks fairly effortless (mostly a lot of bobby pins) and the softness the frizzier tendrils adds is pretty.

Le sigh.
“It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity

Comments

• sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    noodly wrote: »
    if I brush my hair out and airdry it with no products I can achieve the same faux frizziness too(that was my signature elementary hairdo, without the elegance in the picture provided ofc) Maybe try brushing it out on the parts you want it to look frizzy, braid the curls you want it to be tighter? It looks really pretty though! I'm jealous now too. Also I have a cousin who has 3C hair and she did an updo once and it looked exactly the same, except she didnt brushed anything. So maybe there's still hope for you?

And her face is just BEAUTIFUL

That's a great idea! I'll give it a shot.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • So_JaneSo_Jane Posts: 155Registered Users
    I agree it's very pretty. I too think you can get the same look whether straighter or curlier or poufier, etc. if you braid the hair in small plaits and allow it to air dry then finger style or pick it out...
    'Poo: Aubrey Organics or Suave Clarifying
    or Liquid African Black Soap (only 4-ingredients ; awesome!)
    Co-Wash: Aubrey Organics or Suave Condish
    Condish: Aubrey Organics or Onion Mask or Yogurt
    DT: Honey + Olive Oil + AO Condish or Yogurt mix
    ---
    Best Gel Combo, Ever!: Elasta Qp Feels Like Silk Liquid Gel +/under Eco Styler [Krystal, Brown] Gel (or under Wetline Extreme Styling Gel)- awesome!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file