Want to co-wash but...

Hi guys! :D

I am very interested in co-wash because of all the before & after CG pics I have seen and I was like WOOOW GIRLS, YOU HAVE BEAUTIFUL HAIR! So shiny and with minimal frizz. And I want to try it of course! :D
As it is winter, I am doing everything to get my hair more moisture. Putting coconut oil during night or occasionally keratin+argan oil for and hour, no-sulfate shampoo, no silicone conditioner for about 10 min, put it also as a leave-in, also gel to get a hold... Aaaaand my hair is still frizzy. It looks healthier, but frizz is always here.
As I don't live in USA it is hard to find anything that is CG and not expensive, but after so much digging, I found these in my signature. I tried to use conditioner from signature but it doesn't have any cationic sufactant, only oils and fatty alcohols. I also found conditioner some girls from here use for co-wash, but they didn't said if it worked. So I am wondering if someone would like to look at the ingredients listed and tell me if they are okay?
2lc7dia.jpg

I also have trainings twice a week, and I was wondering if conditioner could clean scalp from sweat? Or these days I should use shampoo? Can co-wash fight dandruff? Can I use this method if I have hard water? Could low density hair look "poor" after co-wash like no volume and visible scalp?
2C in a back, 3A in front
Low/normal porosity
Medium/low density
Good elasticity
Short length

Trying:
Babylove shampoo (no sulfates)
Alverde Nutri-Care conditioner - Almond oil and Argan oil (no silicones)
Alverde Syling gel...some long words on German... (no silicones)
FSG (low dew points)
Coconut oil as hair mask

121rgih_th.jpg

:toothy10:

Comments

• sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    What are you currently using? Frizz can be from glycerin in low or high dew points, from polyquats, from buildup, etc.

The only thing about the ingredient list you posted is isopropyl alcohol and citric acid can be drying. Citric acid is good if you have hard water though. It dries my hair out with soft water, but was great when I had super hard water.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • ElyonariElyonari Posts: 32Registered Users
    sixelamy wrote: »
    What are you currently using? Frizz can be from glycerin in low or high dew points, from polyquats, from buildup, etc.

The only thing about the ingredient list you posted is isopropyl alcohol and citric acid can be drying. Citric acid is good if you have hard water though. It dries my hair out with soft water, but was great when I had super hard water.

I have polyquaternium-10 in shampoo which is (as the internet say) water soluble. But that is only shampoo in my country which is sulfate free and doesn't cost fortune. Conditioner and also shampoo doesn't have glycerin, but gel does. So I use FSG when dew point is not optimal. I am also waiting for my silk cap to arrive. :D
    This condish I bought only had less ingredients then other silicon free conditioners and also had just one drying alcohol. And I didn't know that citric acid was good for hard water! Because it is very common in products they sell here...
    I'll try to get rid of everything with baking soda tomorrow and try this condish I bought and rinse it off good and use the old condish as leave-in. And continue this routine without baking soda. Does it sound like a good idea? :toothy8:
    Low/normal porosity
    Medium/low density
    Good elasticity
    Short length

Trying:
    FSG (low dew points)
    Coconut oil as hair mask

121rgih_th.jpg

• sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    Very good plan! ;)
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Just want to pop in and add that you don't have to co-wash to be CG. Co-washing doesn't work for everyone and many of us opt to 'low-poo' instead, which means using shampoo but a gentle one free from sulfates and the like :)
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • ElyonariElyonari Posts: 32Registered Users
    Just want to pop in and add that you don't have to co-wash to be CG. Co-washing doesn't work for everyone and many of us opt to 'low-poo' instead, which means using shampoo but a gentle one free from sulfates and the like :)

I know, but nothing costs me if I try. ;)
    Low/normal porosity
    Medium/low density
    Good elasticity
    Short length

Trying:
    FSG (low dew points)
    Coconut oil as hair mask

121rgih_th.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file