Gel application on TWAs

shonniecoilsshonniecoils Posts: 19Registered Users
For you ladies who do a wash and go TWA, how do you apply your gel? Do you rake it in with your fingers, comb through, or brush through? On soaking wet hair or damp hair?
I like to use Fantasia IC for my wash and go, but I wonder if I'm applying it properly for maximum clumping and coil definition.
pen-spring to coffee stirrer sized coils
Last relaxer 11/06
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Ps 139:14

Comments

• shawnanitashawnanita Posts: 26Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Shonniecoils,

I rake the product through my hair for styling. I only brush my twa in the shower on shapmpoo day. Today I tried something different with my application. I conditioner rinsed, applied my leave in, and then busied myself around the house for about 10-15minutes. Came back and applied my gel. So my hair was more like damp than soaking wet when I usually apply the gel. It hasn't completely dried but the result seems to be a fuller clumpier style. I like it! My hair always gets pretty defined, but I have major shrinkage. Hope this help you.
  • shonniecoilsshonniecoils Posts: 19Registered Users
    Oh, ok....leave-in, let it dry some, THEN apply gel. Thanks shawnanita, I'm gonna try that! BTW, I'm feeling you on the shrinkage :D
    Last relaxer 11/06
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Ps 139:14
  • kdkd Posts: 291Registered Users
    I use IC gel also on my TWA; what i do is i wet my hair; put my moisturizers in and then i take the gel rub it in my hands and then i put my hands in water to loosen it up. Then i srunch it in and then rub my hair very gently.
    comic-p.jpg

Hairveda Whipped cream, suave tropical coconut, kenra, pantene r&n mask:color:http://public.fotki.com/silkycurlskd/

event.png
    kd,
    You and your hair are gorgeous and you twa really flatters your face....your look reminds me a lot of Jada Pinkett Smith.
    I'm going to try diluting the ic with a little water in my hands and see if that helps with distribution...thanks for the advice!
    Last relaxer 11/06
  • kdkd Posts: 291Registered Users
    You are welcome. thanks for the compliment; are you going to keep your hair short, or are you going to grow it out? Im growing mine out; it's been short for a while, even when i had a relaxer i kept it in a pixie cut.
    comic-p.jpg

Hairveda Whipped cream, suave tropical coconut, kenra, pantene r&n mask:color:http://public.fotki.com/silkycurlskd/

event.png
    I am definitely growing it out as long as it will grow. When my hair was relaxed I always had it at shoulder length or slightly longer. I prefer longer hair on myself. Now if it would just hurry up :)
    Last relaxer 11/06

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file