"Shiny Silver gel"?

MyrnaMyrna Registered Users Posts: 2,472 Curl Connoisseur
has any one tried the above product? I found it on Amazon while searching for another product - I dont think I have ever seen it or heard of it but I sure would like to know more about it - I dont know if Sally has it but I am looking today.

Comments

• SpiralliSpiralli Registered Users Posts: 3,684 Curl Connoisseur
    I've never seen or heard of that one. Sally's website doesn't show it at this point -- I wonder if it's a new product for the line.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,357 Curl Connoisseur
    never heard of this line. i just googled the gel and read some sally's customer reviews on it -- great, BUT under the name of the gel it states that it is no longer available.
    do you use any of these products?

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • MyrnaMyrna Registered Users Posts: 2,472 Curl Connoisseur
    Amazon has it ...
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    This is the same brand as the conditioner I tried and didn't hate as much as the others (it had a great smell and didn't dry my hair as much as the other 'grey hair' conditioners). One & Only Shiny Silver Ultra.
    I am on my way to look up the ingredients.

ETA I can't find the ingredients. Almost every product I've seen of this brand has some sort of cone. The conditioner had 1 cone low on the list if I remember right and it was fine for my hair in that regard. On the other hand their Luster cream (and I think their Shine spray) was loaded with 3 or 4 cones and was just awful for my hair. Of course if your hair likes cones, it's no problem!

If anyone finds the ingredients, post it please?
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    just saw the conditioner on amazon and here are the ingredients as listed on amazon:

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cetyl Alcohol, Behenalkonium Chloride, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Propylene Glycol Ceteth-3 Acetate, Fragrance (Parfum) , Polyquaternium-7, Amodimethicone, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol and Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Keratin Amino Acids, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Chamomile Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Violet 2 (CI 60725) , Basic Blue 99, Basic Red 76, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

i don't recognize most of these ingredients, so difficult to say good or bad. pq 7 is iffy in my hair, does build up.
    my hair used to be ok with amodimethicone, wasn't when i tried some conditioner about a year ago, forgot the name. my hair felt like plastic.
    however, if it looks like a decent list, i would try a cone again.

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    ^ Sorry I wasn't clear. I know the ingredients for the conditioner. I can't find the ingredients for the gel.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    Yes, I could not find ingredients for the gel - cannot even find the company that makes it- did see the conditioner, shampoo and hair spray at Sally's and did notice the cones. I use Jhirmack's 5 in 1 and that has a cone but its very far down on the list and the company told me it was less than 1% of the ingredients.
    The company is One 'n Only (owned by Conair) but they never show this particular line on their website. No idea why.
    How weird. We should email them and ask for ingredients...
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    I tried looking for the ingredients yesterday. Had no luck.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    on the product page on amazon i just posted a question for the 'owner'?
    supposedly amazon will email me when there is a reply. i'm very curious now.
    does anyone have this gel? are the ingredients listed on the tube?

i just got a response from a customer on amazon to my question about the gel ingredients. she stated that on her tube of gel it says:

water,vinylcaprolactan/vp/dimethylaminoethyl methacylate copoltmer.sd alchol 40-b, fragrance, rice protein,caboner peg-12,ppg-10, violet 2 lmonene, and etc.

i wrote back and asked if it actually said and etc or if there were more ingredients. i'll post if she answers.

• SpiralHamSpiralHam Registered Users Posts: 477
    An FYI - I saw this line at Bed Bath and Beyond this afternoon while I was stocking up on my Mega gel. My particular store had the shampoo, conditioner and a mousse (contains the a-cone and some protein, I think it was soy but I can't remember now). I didn't see the gel, which was too bad!
    Smorgasbord of finer, porous 2a-3a; straight underlayer

:thumbleft: collagen
    :thumbdown: humectants outside of optimal dews, PVP, oils/butters, anything remotely comedogenic

poos: Giovanni TTT, WF365FF, Suave Clarifying
    condishes: VO5 VMT, KLS; IonEC
    stylers: FSG, 4NSBCC, VolumaxMega, AIF, GFPC

Mod CG since 11/2012. My waves occasionally look best when combed out, so you can pry my combs from my cold, dead hands :laughing6:
    :sad11::sad11:Ill have to check there...but am interested in the gel...thanks, Paula! how's it going with your haircuts??
  • SpiralHamSpiralHam Registered Users Posts: 477
    Hi Myrna!

It's going really well; we are finally getting a handle on how to best handle my straight underlayer (we now cut it dry first so we can see all the little straight hairs and isolate them, then we clean everything up with a wet cut). I really couldn't be happier with my hair cuts :)

How's your cut looking after our super cold winter? Are you still enjoying the shorter length?

Sorry I didn't see the gel, I knew you were interested in it. I'll try to remember to look over at Woodman's the next time I am there. They sometimes carry some lesser known stuff over there that I don't see anywhere else, but have never thought to look for the Shiny Silver.
    Smorgasbord of finer, porous 2a-3a; straight underlayer

:thumbleft: collagen
    :thumbdown: humectants outside of optimal dews, PVP, oils/butters, anything remotely comedogenic

poos: Giovanni TTT, WF365FF, Suave Clarifying
    condishes: VO5 VMT, KLS; IonEC
    stylers: FSG, 4NSBCC, VolumaxMega, AIF, GFPC

Mod CG since 11/2012. My waves occasionally look best when combed out, so you can pry my combs from my cold, dead hands :laughing6:
    Oh, I am glad to hear our stylist is working out for you! she cuts my hair wet. I see nothing wrong with that, I have never been convinced of the merits of Deva but I keep an open mind. The problem with Deva is you also have to keep an open wallet! My bob: I do like it and I dont really have any bad hair days. Of course, I cannot put it up any more like I could when it was long. I do miss the length, and feel pretty certain that at some point I will grow it again; I want to be an old lady with long hair that I can put up. But, I think when that time comes, I will need another kind of styling and I dont know what that will be. I may discuss it with Sara when I see her next week, even though I am not ready to grow it. It is really much easier shorter.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file