Please help

curlyheadlogancurlyheadlogan Posts: 4Registered Users
how often are you suppose to cowash with low porosity?

Comments

• adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't think there is a cut and dry answer. You should experiment. What kind of issues are you having. I think a lot depends on the ingredients of your products example silicones, butters, mineral oil and if you easily get buildup. For me personally as a lopo, dense and fine and I have always found that a once a week shampoo with strong cleaning capabilities like ABS or shikakai is a must to create a clean slate. I was cowashing once or twice between my weekly shampoos but when I started using ecostyler which is heavier and doesn't rinse out as easily as stylers I was using. I didn't feel like cowashing was getting enough of it out of my hair. So no I will actually mix a little of my SM rendition shampoo which is a mild shampoo with conditioner in my hand and wash my hair like that in between my "real" shampoos. I like it because I getting my hair cleaner than a cowash but not stripping it between my shampoos. I know when I used to cowash with conditioners with silicones my hair would become really dry by second or third wash.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    I have no clue if my hair has low porosity, but I agree with Adthomas. I always follow the theory of listen to your hair. I do mine every other day (now weekly because of my current protective style)
  • curlyheadlogancurlyheadlogan Posts: 4Registered Users
    adthomas wrote: »
    I don't think there is a cut and dry answer. You should experiment. What kind of issues are you having. I think a lot depends on the ingredients of your products example silicones, butters, mineral oil and if you easily get buildup. For me personally as a lopo, dense and fine and I have always found that a once a week shampoo with strong cleaning capabilities like ABS or shikakai is a must to create a clean slate. I was cowashing once or twice between my weekly shampoos but when I started using ecostyler which is heavier and doesn't rinse out as easily as stylers I was using. I didn't feel like cowashing was getting enough of it out of my hair. So no I will actually mix a little of my SM rendition shampoo which is a mild shampoo with conditioner in my hand and wash my hair like that in between my "real" shampoos. I like it because I getting my hair cleaner than a cowash but not stripping it between my shampoos. I know when I used to cowash with conditioners with silicones my hair would become really dry by second or third wash.
    I've been natural all my life and for a pretty good while, I've been using Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner and Kinky Curly Knot Today, and I cowash with those with an oil everyday and I see no problem. I was just seeing if I should continue to do that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file