Damage To Hair From Restless Sleeping

2BeOrNot2B2BeOrNot2B Posts: 133Registered Users
My 9 year old granddaughter lives with me. She is a very restless sleeper. In the morning her bed is all apart.
This has affected her 2a thick hair. On the side that she usually sleeps on her hair is a mess. Its frizzy and has breakage high up. I tried a satin pillowcase but she usually doesn't stay on her pillow.
It is very difficult to make her hair look decent in the morning. The one side is so unruly. The most worrisome is the breakage.
Anyone have this issue with their child/grandchild?

Comments

• SamanthaD2SamanthaD2 Posts: 22Registered Users
    I use a spray bottle with water and conditioner and saturate the messy spots and use my fingers to twirl into shape and let air dry. Try maybe a deep conditioner once a week too
  • MarixpressMarixpress Posts: 62Registered Users Curl Novice
    edited December 2017
    It is absolutely imperative that you use a satin scrunchie (about $1 at a discount store) and put her hair in a high ponytail at night. It's called a "pineapple" and you can find out more by searching it on youtube. In addition to the pineapple, use a satin bonnet to reduce frizz and tangling. It shouldn't cost more than $5 to get both of these. In the morning, do the water & conditioner method suggested above :smile: Good luck!
    Day 1 of CG method: 10/5/13
    3b Corkicelli Normal Porosity. Medium Density, Fine Width, Medium Texture.
    LUS Brand #LoveYourCurls Curly formula (shampoo, Condish, Leave-in). Raked, smoothed & scrunched into soaking wet hair. Diffuse upside-down. Rustle shake at root when dry.

NO CURL LEFT BEHIND!
    IG: @maribelle_curls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file