21 Day No Junk Food Challenge

CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian CanadaRegistered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
I finished this on Friday, only cheating once. It was a lot easier then I thought, as long as I didn't have chips (my weakness) in the house and brought my lunch & snacks to work.

I liked having something to keep myself accountable to, and it went by way faster then I thought it would. I ate a lot of crap this weekend, and found cravings were really bad Monday, much better by Tuesday.

I started again on Monday, but may just do Mon - Fri this time, we'll see how it goes :)

ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1422460070.963985.jpg
I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    Good luck CC!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • sixelamysixelamy Registered Users Posts: 4,157 Curl Novice
    This sounds awesome, do you mind if I join you? I need to do this so bad. If I cut those things out, I'd lose my extra weight in no time. lol

Cheating only once is amazing. Good luck with the next one, hopefully you don't cheat at all! :D
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    This is insanity. Insanity, I tell you! :protest:

(Half of these are diet staples for me :sad:)
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian CanadaRegistered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    sixelamy wrote: »
    This sounds awesome, do you mind if I join you? I need to do this so bad. If I cut those things out, I'd lose my extra weight in no time. lol

Cheating only once is amazing. Good luck with the next one, hopefully you don't cheat at all! :D

Of course!!! I started the thread because Starmie started yesturday or today (I'm never sure with her time change!) and figured it would be better in one place then us taking over other posts.

The more the merrier!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian CanadaRegistered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    This is insanity. Insanity, I tell you! :protest:

(Half of these are diet staples for me :sad:)

I think that's why it was pretty easy. Except for the chips & take out (I don't eat meat, so there is already limited take out I do have), I don't eat most of the stuff anyways.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    I love things like this. Mostly because I like lists and keeping track of things, etc. I could easily do this, except for giving up my 2 or 3 diet cokes (and rum) a week. And I don't consider peanut butter a junk food. But I could substitute almost butter in my protein drinks. Just not sure about giving up pop. I might give it a go starting Feb 1.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    One of the girls at work is doing it, she's still drinking her morning diet coke. She says if she gave up everything shed just a be a miserable ***** :lol:
    Audrey Hepburn
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    I'm too anal to break the rules so I will give up Coke for 3 weeks. Yikes. I will have to stock up on low sugar orange juice to mix with my rum. : ) I'm in!
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    And I don't consider peanut butter a junk food.

My fiancé is going to do this with me and we were talking about this at lunch today. We get the natural peanut butter that is nothing but unsalted peanuts at the health food store that we freshly ground ourselves in their machine. I don't see anything wrong with it. I think the peanut butter listed here is like the Jif or some bottled peanut butters with added sugar and unnecessary goodies. We aren't going to exclude pb - my main breakfast is a banana w/ some peanut butter - it's good protein and I don't get enough in my diet because I don't each much meat.

Of course!!! I started the thread because Starmie started yesturday or today (I'm never sure with her time change!) and figured it would be better in one place then us taking over other posts.

The more the merrier!

Sweeet! Thanks for posting this, I was thinking last night after eating about 5 cookies that I really need to cut out the junks. I really need to lose weight for my wedding in June so I can comfortably fit into my dress. :eek: My main eating is fine, it's just the junky food that needs cleaning up.

ETA: I will probably be starting next week as well - after we get paid and go shopping.
    I agree about the peanut butter, I think they mean the jarred sugary stuff.
    Audrey Hepburn

The more the merrier!

Sweeet! Thanks for posting this, I was thinking last night after eating about 5 cookies that I really need to cut out the junks. I really need to lose weight for my wedding in June so I can comfortably fit into my dress. :eek: My main eating is fine, it's just the junky food that needs cleaning up.

ETA: I will probably be starting next week as well - after we get paid and go shopping.

I might start clean Monday and try again for the full three weeks. I know Saturday & Sunday are gonna be no goes this weekend!
    Audrey Hepburn
    I told my fiance that we will start after we (read: I) eat all our cookies. lol
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,170 Curl Virtuoso
    I waited until Wednesday to start as I'd made a pavlova for Australia Day and wanted to eat it!
    I rarely have pop or ice-cream and can't stand pb so that's a start.
    3b in South Australia.
    Went to Ikea today and very pleased with myself that I didn't buy either a Dime bar or a doughnut!
    3b in South Australia.
    And I come to work tonight, sit down and what's on the desk in front of me? Mini Dime bars. My willpower's getting a work-out!
    3b in South Australia.
    So I guess I've been doing this since Saturday. Once I told myself I would, I've been fighting off the urge to buy cookies. I haven't given in.. yet!
    I'm on Day 2. No Coke. No Diet Coke. All I can think about is Coke. And I really don't drink it all that much. Maybe 3-4 a week. I used to drink more than that every day but haven't done that in years. But once you know you can't have something, it's all you want. Cokecokecokecokecoke! : )
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    What about dark chocolate? The media is saying it's good for you (antioxidants for your heart). Of course they change their minds every nanosecond.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
    curlypearl wrote: »
    What about dark chocolate? The media is saying it's good for you (antioxidants for your heart). Of course they change their minds every nanosecond.

You'd have to get real pure dark chocolate, most dark chocolates still have the added crap in it. So you'd have to read labels. I don't think I know anyone who would make pure dark chocolate a junk food, it's so bitter.
  • fraufrau Registered Users Posts: 6,130 Curl Neophyte
    OMG! What in the world would I eat?
    I just bought 2 pints of Ben and Jerry's, a jar of JIF peanut butter, I eat cookies everyday with my coffee...
    Well, at least wine isn't on the list, lol!

I'm going to do the challenge with you....uh, after I eat the ice cream and peanut butter up. Ha!
    Next Sunday, I'm in!!
    Some of these 21 day challenges say No Booze. I ignored all of those and decided this one is better. haha.
    Some of these 21 day challenges say No Booze. I ignored all of those and decided this one is better. haha.

Haha!!! Totally the reason I'm doing this one!
    Audrey Hepburn
  • fraufrau Registered Users Posts: 6,130 Curl Neophyte
    what's a spread?
    is butter a spread?
    is jelly a spread?
    is cheese a spread????
    ^ I think they are talking about nutella and such.
    I interpret a lot of this vague junk food stuff (like "spreads") to be things you overindulge in. I still put mayo on my sandwiches, but I won't dip my chicken nuggets in it.
    I've not been having jam or lemon curd, to me they're unhealthy spreads. I'm missing them, especially since I just made seven jars of plum jam.
    3b in South Australia.
    Well, that was disappointing. I know this isn't a weight loss challenge but I really thought that after a week of eating no crap I might have lost a little bit of weight. Got on the scales this morning and they said exactly the same thing as they said last week before I started. Hmmph.
    On the bright side I suppose this might mean that I don't eat as much rubbish as I thought I did.
    3b in South Australia.
    Starmie - I am finding with my scale, that it's a week behind. So anything I did during X week, won't show up until the end of the next week. It's stupid :p

I've been having salads again, yay for me. I've also had more energy, which is a great plus. It seems when I eat my veggies, I don't crave the junk.
    Now you mention it I've noticed that in the past (with the scales seeming to need to catch up). Fingers crossed!
    I've been eating a fair bit of fruit so that's helped with my sweet fix. Thankfully it's summer so there's plenty of different stuff around.
    3b in South Australia.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file